I'm Sorry I Couldn't See You Again

Percy blinked as the faces of three people swam into his vision.

"So, you're finally awake."

"...Damasen?" He asked.

"Yes. I found my way. You were right, I can make my own destiny."

Percy smiled. "I'm proud of you."

He shifted his position, wincing in pain as black spots appeared in his vision and a searing pain stung his arms and back.

"Careful, dear. You mustn't hurt yourself." Whispered the lady next to Damasen. She had beautiful amber eyes, long golden cascading down her back and a long, bright yellow chiton.

"I'm Hemera, dear boy. Nyx sent my brother and I to heal you."

Percy looked over at the teenaged-looking boy next to Hemera. He wore a chiton similar to his sister, but black instead of yellow. In addition, he donned several bracelets and a hood over his face.

"Look, what's happening?" He asked, lying back down onto the ground.

"Perseus... we tried to save you. But you channeled ask if your energy into the fight. Tartarus over there... you brought him to the verge of death. Yet in the process..."

Said another girl with sea-green eyes just like his. With her dark wavy hair and tanned skin, she looked like the sister that he never thought he would have.

Desperate, her eyes glistening, his 'sister' looked at Hemera for help. The goddess of day turned away.

"I don't understand... who are you?" He asked, pointing to the other girl.

She smiled sadly. "I'm your sister. You can call me... Neri. Dad took me away when I was little, he was scared that is we were together, Zeus would notice us. I've watched over you your whole life."

Percy thought back to his quests, to down here, in his hardest times, the voice whispering in his ear that it would be okay. 

"I like to think we all have our guardian angels."

He smiled at her, and she bowed her head  to hide the tears sliding down her cheeks. 

Breaking through the awkward silence, The Son of Nyx spoke.

"You only have moments left."

"Wait, what? But... Annabeth... and I thought-"

"Perseus, you're mortal. In using up your energy, you gave up godhood. I'm sorry." Damasen said sadly, holding Percy's hand in his larger one.

"Annabeth... I'll... will I ever see her again? What about my mom, my friends?" He asked.

Percy wanted to cry, but he had no tears to shed. As he lay, dying, in the bottom of Tartarus.

"It's not the end. Those we love have a way of coming back to us." Said the son of Nyx.

Hemera rolled her eyes. "What my brother means is that you'll see them again in Elysium. You're mortal again, remember?"

He smiled, wincing at the pain in caused.

"Thank you."

"Any time." Damasen replied gently.

"Go up. The Doors of Death. Tell them what happened... please. Say hello to the sun and the stars... for Bob."

"Of course." The giant muttered.

"Neri... I guess this is it,"

"Of course it's not. We'll meet again in Elysium someday" She said sadly, running a finger down his cheek and brushing away his tears.

"Will you... find her, Annabeth? Be there for her, okay? Since... I can't..."

"Okay."

"Thank you..." Percy whispered again as the world became fuzzy.

"Sleep, Perseus. When you wake..."

Percy never heard her finish her sentence, for that was the day he drifted of to sleep for the very last time.

~🌊