You're Safe Now

"You stupid bitch, what did you do," the man yelled at me when he heard the police. They broke down the door and I heard someone yelling at the man who kidnapped me as he ran. 

"There's a girl," I heard another voice say. I felt my hands being untied from behind the chair and I ripped the tape off my mouth—instant regret. I touched a few fingers to my lips and saw blood.

 "Hey, what's your name," I heard an officer ask as he untied my feet.

 "C-Caitlyn." 

"Caitlyn? That's a nice name, I'm Jamie, and this is my partner, Eddie. You're safe now. We're going to help you." I nodded. 

"Are you hurt," the lady Jamie called Eddie asked me. 

"Yeah, my right ankle." 

"What happened," Jamie asked. 

"When he was driving here, he threw something in the back of the van where I was and it landed on my ankle, I think it was a weight or something, all I know is that it was heavy." 

Eddie nodded, "I'm going to call an ambulance, okay? Do you have any family I can call?"

 I shook my head, "My family passed away a few weeks ago." 

"I'm sorry," Jamie said.  

**Time Skip** (In the hospital)

"Alrighty, you're almost done. Make sure you use the crutches as much as possible to keep weight off your ankle," the nurse said.

 "Ok, thank you."  

"Of course, give it six to eight weeks to heal fully. My husband and his partner will be asking you some questions about who hurt you. Do you need anything?" 

I shook my head, "No, but thank you. Um, when is he going to ask the questions?" 

"I'm not entirely sure, pretty soon, I think. I'm almost positive he's driving here now."

 "Oh, ok." 

She smiled and walked back to the hospital bed where I was. "I know you're scared right now, but it'll be ok. You're safe now."

 I smiled, "Thank you." 

A/N: What do y'all think? Please leave a comment and let me know what y'all want to see happen next in this story. No silent readers, please!!

Happy Reading!