Custody and Waffle Fries

After the detectives had finished questioning me, one of them, Detective Danny Reagan, left the room to answer his phone. I must've had a look on my face because the other detective said, "He's just taking a call from our sergeant." 

I nodded, "Did you find the guy?" 

"Not yet, but I promise-" 

"Hey, Baez, we gotta go, we have a new lead on who this bastard might be," Detective Reagan said as he popped his head in. 

"Ok, just give me a second," She turned to face me, "We haven't found him yet, but I promise you'll be safe and we will find him." 

I smiled for what felt like the first time in weeks, "Thank you." 

A few minutes after the detectives had left, the nurse, Linda walked in. "Hey, Danny just told me that you're going to be in his custody for a few nights." 

"What does that mean," I asked, confused. 

"It basically means you're gonna be staying with us for a little bit." 

"Oh, ok." 

**Time Skip**

A few hours had passed and Linda walked back into the room. "Hey, I'm off. Where do you want to go to eat? Danny's not going to be off for a while." 

"Ok. I don't really care where we eat. I'm pretty hungry, though, but I always am." 

She smiled, "I just found out a while ago, that in a few days, you'll be adopted, I know the people, and if you're always hungry, I think you and the lady who's going to be adopting you will get along pretty well." I smiled. "Does Chick-fil-A sound good," she asked. 

"Oh my gosh, yes!! Those waffle fries are to die for!" 

A/N: This chapter is a bit shorter, but I hope y'all like it!  No silent readers, please!!

Happy Reading!