Safe

I couldn't believe it. After everything I had been through, I was finally safe in Danny's custody, just a few days before I was going to be adopted. He and Linda had been so kind and compassionate towards me since I had been rescued from my kidnapper's clutches. The pain in my ankle and the bruises on my wrists and face were a harsh reminder that it was all too real.

The first night after my rescue, I was too scared to sleep. I kept seeing the man's face in my mind, hearing his voice telling me that he was going to kill me. Linda noticed my restlessness and sat with me, talking me through my fears until I finally drifted off to sleep.

******

The next day, I woke up early to find Linda already up and cooking breakfast. She had made pancakes, bacon, and eggs, and the smell of the food made my stomach growl. As I sat at the kitchen table with Linda, finishing my breakfast, she suddenly looked at me and smiled. "Caitlyn, there's something I need to tell you." 

I looked up from my plate, curious. "What is it?" I asked. 

Linda took a deep breath.

A/N: What does Linda need to tell Caitlyn?? Here's a hint: it's about her adoption. Comment what you think it is! No silent readers, please, I need to know that there's someone out there reading.

Happy Reading, my Blue Bloods peeps!!