First Sunday Dinner

A/N:  As requested by @freshalaina22, I give you... Caitlyn's first Family dinner with the Reagans as a Reagan, herself. This one is a bit longer, but I loved writing it. I hope you love it just as much as  I do!! No silent readers, please.

Happy Reading!!!

It was my first Sunday dinner with the Reagan family after officially being adopted. I had been to a couple before when I was in Uncle Danny's custody. However, this was going to be my first dinner as Jamie and Eddie Reagan's daughter, and I wanted to make a good impression.

I spent the entire day getting ready, trying on different outfits and practicing small talk in front of the mirror. I finally settled on a simple blue sundress and sandals. I put on a light layer of makeup and let my hair down in loose waves.

When I arrived at the Reagan household, I was greeted with hugs and warm welcomes from everyone. I was nervous, but their kindness and warmth put me at ease.

The house was filled with the smell of delicious food, and I could hear laughter and chatter coming from the dining room. Mom and Aunt Linda were in the kitchen, putting the finishing touches on the meal. Dad and Uncle Danny were in the living room, watching a football game.

As I made my way to the dining room, I saw a large table set with plates, silverware, and glasses. There were platters of food, including roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls. I was impressed by the spread and couldn't wait to dig in.

I took a seat at the table, next to Aunt Linda, who smiled at me and asked how my day was. We chatted for a bit, and I realized how much I enjoyed her company. She made me feel safe and protected, and I knew I could always count on her.

As the meal began, the conversation flowed effortlessly. The Reagans were a tight-knit family, and they welcomed me with open arms. They asked me about my interests, my hobbies, and my future plans. They listened intently and offered advice and support.

I felt grateful to be a part of this family, and I knew that they would always be there for me, no matter what. The meal was delicious, and the conversation was lively and engaging.

After dinner, we all gathered in the living room to watch a movie. We snuggled up on the couches and laughed at the jokes, and I felt like I was a part of something special.

As the night came to a close, I said my goodbyes and thanked everyone for a wonderful evening. I left the Reagan household feeling happy and content, knowing that I had found a family who would always love and support me.

I knew that there would be many more Sunday dinners to come, and I looked forward to being a part of this family for years to come.

As the night came to a close, I said my goodbyes and thanked everyone for a wonderful evening. Aunt Linda hugged me tightly and said, "You're part of our family now, and we love having you here with us."

Uncle Danny added, "We're so glad you're here, kiddo. You make our family even better."

Mom and Dad smiled at me, and Aunt Erin said, "You know, you're not a bad addition to the family. We might keep you around."

Everyone laughed, and I felt a warmth in my heart that I had never felt before. I knew that these people cared about me and that they would always be there for me.

As I walked out the door, Uncle Danny put his arm around me and said, "You did great tonight, kid. You fit right in with the Reagans."

I smiled up at him and said, "Thanks, Uncle Danny. I'm lucky to have you guys."

He gave me a tight squeeze and said, "We're the lucky ones, kiddo."

As I walked to the car with Mom and Dad, I knew that I had found a place where I belonged. I couldn't wait for the next Sunday dinner with my new family.