dodici // chapter twelve

' WE ENJOY SAIKI TIME '

📍🎀📍

A new school year insinuated out with the old, and in with the new. Previous seniors were gone, new freshmen coming in. Nothing too exciting, but the only thing noteworthy as the new school year started. The only difference of this year was a cute freshmen that was rumored to be walking through the halls this year.

Of course, the news had spread like the plague. Everyone knew about it within the first hour of the school being opened to students. Asher had inly caught wind of this so-called "angelic first year" as he walked into his classroom.

"Hey, have you heard?!"

"Yeah, there's a cute first year a few halls down!"

"We should go check her out!"

'You talk about her as if she's an animal. Freaks...'

'Agreed.'

Asher shook his head as he took his place in his seat beside Saiki, who was already in his spot. He turned to the pink haired man. "G'morning, Saiki."

He only nodded in response, which drew a huff of disappointment from Asher's nose.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Mhm."

"That's good. Been at school for long?"

"Not really, no."

Asher sighed, clearly dissatisfied with the way their conversation was going. Might as well talk to a brick wall, at this rate. Or Nendou. "Not feeling too talkative today, huh?"

"I'm never in a talkative mood."

The brunette rolled his eyes, "Right, how could I have forgotten..?"

Saiki glanced at him, eyes lingering for a moment before sighing through his nose. "We can talk during lunch. Let me have what little peace I can get now."

That reassured Asher, if only a little bit. Said brunette nodded affirmatively before turning back to his desk to fidget with what little school supplies her brought for the day. Now he just had to hope lunch would come by quickly.

• ——— •

Lunchtime started fairly quickly, and Asher was quick to gather his belongings.He hovered near Saiki's desk almost as if he were a lost puppy, waiting for him to ready himself so they could go.

"What're you so excited for?"

Asher looked at him confused. "Because more Saiki time, obviously."

The pinkette pinched his eyebrows together before shaking his head. He couldn't understand the way the brunette thought, but wouldn't proceed to concern himself with it further. The two of them walked out to the hall, a crowd of people surrounding a girl immediately blocking their path.