diciannove // chapter nineteen

' BORING, MOTHER-SON ARGUMENT LOL '

📍🎀📍

It was near an hour after Saiki woke up when Asher finally turned within the sheets again. His sleep-ridden eyes scanned the room to find a head full of pink hair, which he eventually found sitting in front of the tv that was within the bedroom. He was already dressed comfortably for the day, and seemingly wide awake.

"Damn, you wake up early," the brunette murmured, mostly making the notion to himself.

Saiki's head immediately turned to where he laid, observing the now awakened figure before standing. "Let's change your bandages before you leave."

"Huh?" He sat up, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand. "Why do I have to leave so soon?"

"Because having my parents see you like this wouldn't be any good for either of us."

Asher can't say he'd like to make himself more of a burden than he already had, so he reluctantly complies. After washing up, they remove old bandages together and put new ones on where needed. Although the brunette was feeling much better than he had the night before, his body still wasn't 100%. There were still lingering bruises and cuts that were definitely going to scar. And it was all from one random guy— or the guy's two bodyguards, should he say.

Sooner rather than later, Asher was ushered out of the house in cargo shorts and a jacket that hardly zipped around his frame. He stood outside the front door of the Saiki residence as he scrolled through his phone.

'Maybe he'll let me come back later.' Asher shrugged, and began the walk back to his house. He can't say he was looking forward to encountering his mother in this state, so he'd have to pray she either wasn't there, or was asleep.

When arriving home, he unlocked the door using the key he had, locking it behind himself as he got inside. Kicking off his shoes and hanging the jacket at the front, he journeyed to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. He hadn't even had a moment to grab a snack before he was kicked out by Saiki. While chugging down the bottled water, his free hand lightly scratched at the bandages at his lower abdomen.

"Asher."

"Oh–!" He squeezed the bottle, sending the water flying across his skin and around the floor. "Fuck! Ma, you can't just sneak up on me like that."

"Does that really– matter? Ash, what happened..?" The angry tone and look in his mother's face swiftly dissipated when she noticed the discoloring of her son's skin. She was quick to get in front of him, hands carefully grabbing at either side of his face. "Who did this..?"

He waved her off, stepping out of her grasp to grab a kitchen towel and lazily wipe up the mess he had made. "Don't worry, this is nothing."

"It doesn't look like 'nothing' Asher." His mother followed behind him on every action he took, while he tried to evade her every move. "Would you stop— where were you yesterday?"