Episode 6

Two days later..

I invited Nadiya, Farouk, Salma, Imran and Ahmad for dinner.

We sat at the other dining room and I made naan bread and butter chicken.

" Ahmad is definitely going to be an interesting dad Hameedah" Imran said.

" I know right" I laughed

" You're talking about me and I'm right here" He said.

" We know, it's more fun" Farouk said.

" Ke I forgot to tell you, Ayoosh's husband got married again" Nadiya popped out of her seat.

" Your lyingg" I said

" Wallahi, lemme show you" She pulled out her phone and showed me a picture of Ayoosh's husband and another woman.

" Laaa, maza kenan, kuma fa she said she will never get married to a man that wants a second wife, Bari I will call her when everything settles" I said.

" Ai toh it's normal" Ahmad said which got a glare from both I and Nadiya but mine was more personal.

" Bangane it's normal ba, abeg ooo" I raised my hands and Imran and farouk bursts into laughter.

" Ya Ahmad just keep quiet before hams kicks you out" Farouk said still laughing.

" No let's have this conversation" He adjusted his seat.

" OK, why do you think it's normal to have a second wife" I rested my face on my hands.

" Wait first of all lemme clear up something, I'm not saying that I'll have one just saying it's normal" He said and I nodded looking at him.

" What I mean is that it's sunnah for a man to have more than one wife, but you have to treat them equally" He said

" Yh I agree but why do men only do this sunnah, if its indeed sunnah then I believe they should fast Mondays and Thursdays" Nadiya added.

" Yh but I feel the woman shouldn't question the man's intention, if he says it's for the sake of Allah then she should leave it" Farouk said

" But I feel like the most important thing is the way you tell your partner, you have to respect her enough to tell her as soon as you have that woman that your interested in and not hiding stuff, you have to also make her feel special in your decision but ofcourse she can't tell you what to do but when you're in a dilemma, tell her about it and lastly find someone that you know won't intentionally cause problems in your peaceful home" I said in one breath which made me sigh.

" Woah Ya Ahmad let's end this convo before Hams has a heart attack" Farouk said

" Gaskiya kam, y'all would have that convo another time" Nadiya spoke

We cleared the table and went to the mini parlour to play Whot Whot and Monopoly.

" Gaskiya you guys aren't doing me justice, all of you won in Whot and now you are buying all the properties, gaskiya it's not fair" Farouk whined as usual and we all laughed.

I held my stomach because for the whole day I was having pain and it got worse now.

" Are you ok?" Ahmad asked worriedly.

" Yh I think I'm very full, lemme walk a bit" I walked from the dining and back to the parlour when I felt a warm liquid glide down my thighs.

For a moment I thought I peed on my self.

But wait..

MY WATER JUST BROKE

Shit

Shit