Episode 25

5 months later:

The twins birthday is in a week and I'm planning something small and intimate for them. I can't believe it's been a year already and time has gone by so far.

My relationship with Ahmad has been weird. We talk but we also have arguments from time to time. Since that day, I haven't talked to him about it and he also hasn't brought it up.

Sometimes he wouldn't come back home till 11 and when I asked him where he was, he wouldn't give me an answer so I stopped asking.

I just left the office and was going to see my parents.

I haven't seen them in a while and I really missed them.

I got to the house and when I got in, I went straight to my mummy's room.
I found her praying so I waited for her and as soon as she finished, I hugged her from the back.

" This girl, you will never grow up" she smacked my head.

" My darling mother, I missed you dearly" I kissed her cheek and she smiled. I always win her over with a kiss.

" I missed you too, ji yanda kika rame" she held my arm. ( see how you lost weight)

" Mummy don't worry, I'm eating well" I said.

" If you say so" she said.

We went to downstairs and met Yusuf and Hamma Awwal in the parlour.

" Hamma I haven't seen you in like forever" I grinned and hugged him.

" You haven't made the effort to see me ai" He replied nonchalantly.

" Haba I have mana, I came to your house twice and you weren't around" I sat down on the chair near Yusuf and put my legs on his lap.

" Ke get off me" He tried pushing my legs off but I put it back.

I stayed for about an hour before I decided to leave. I went outside just to see my tires were flat.

I went back inside to see if one of them can drop me off.

" My car is at the mechanic so I can't" Hamma Awwal said.

" I'm going to see my babe and my car is at the car wash" Yusuf said proudly and I rolled my eyes.

" Toh what do you want me to do now?" I crossed my hands.

" Ali is going out now so I think he can drop you off" Oh, Ali.

" Um okay" I waited for him to come out of their side.

" Guy can you drop her off?" Yusuf said and I looked at Ali.

" Yh no problem, shall we?" He said and I smiled.

" Thank you for agreeing to take me home, even when my brothers refused to" I shouted the last part and he chuckled

" Oho dai, go back to your husband's house, you are not welcome here" Yusuf said.

" I don't have your time, let's go" I walked out of the house and he went to get his car.

We got in the car and instantly began jisting. I laughed all the way home.
He has a way of bringing that fun side out of me.

" Thank you for dropping me off, I appreciate it" I smiled at him.

" Anytime Hams" He said.

I got out and Ahmad was waiting for me at the front door.

" Ina wuni" I greeted him.

" Lafiya, who were you in a car with?" He nudged his head at the retreating car.