Episode 33

" We have just landed in Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja. Do fasten your seatbelt and wait for the pilot to turn it off. We hope you had an enjoyable ride with us and do wish to see you again. Thank you." The cabin crew announced and I literally squealed.

It's 7 pm and we staying in the family house because Mami insisted we stay for today before we go back to normal routine.

Malam Sanusi ( Daddy's driver) picked us from the airport and we headed straight to Maitama. To me, Abuja has changed but it's probably my eyes.

It took about 45minutes to get to maitama and as soon as we reached the house. I quickly went into the house and found Farouk in the living room.

" Salaam Alaikum" I said smiling and Farouk turned around confused until he saw me.

" Hams you're back?" He stood up and gave me a side hug.

" Yes, shift abeg let me go to my kids" I pushed him away playfully and went upstairs straight to Mami's parlour.

She was seated on the chair holding Awwal with salma backing Amma.

" Kun iso? Sannu ku da zuwa, ya hanya?" Mami stood up and I hugged her.( You have arrived? Welcome back, How's the journey?)

Awwal as usual began to cry and reached for me so I collected him. I felt at peace as soon as I held him.

" Alhamdullilah, Ina wuni Mami" I said poking Salma as she kept on hugging me.

" Lafiya kalau, Gaskiya mun yi missing in ku" ( We really missed you guys).

" Me too Mami" I said as I bent down to kiss Amma on the cheek.

Ahmad came in and he greeted Mami before carrying Amma off Salma's back. We sat in the living room as we told them all about our trip.

Saudatu brought Mami's famous tuwo and miyan kuka and before she even dropped it on the floor, I had already picked up my plate.

" Lalai en turai anyone missing gida" Mami chuckled and shook her head.

I put some for myself and Ahmad. I was eating while feeding Awwal also so it was alot but I handled it.

Salim and Falmata came in. I thought by now, I would see a bumb because of how much they are still stuck in their honeymoon phase but it seems she not expecting.

" Falmata ya kike?" I hugged her.

" Alhamdullilah Adda, sannu da dawowa" she smiled.

We began talking about how she had a friend that wanted to start an internship in my office.

It was 10 when I went back to Ahmad's room to take a bath. After much struggle, I finally escaped from Awwal and went to the room. I already had Pajamas here so when I came out, I put on a baati on and took a plain Jersey black veil.

In this house, their is something called
' Second dinner'. I know weird tradition but I really love it. Its either you eat meat pie, potatoes, mini Shawarma, tea and sandwiches or just something light.

Everyone is in their pajamas and we just sit down and watch news or play cards. Salim and Falmata are also staying the night so today is a full house.

We had Ham, cheese sandwich for second dinner and it was delicious. We watched a documentary and as soon as we reached the middle, I began falling asleep so I excused myself and fell asleep.

Amma and Awwal are sleeping with us tonight.

It's about 3pm and we are going back home. We didn't unload our big boxes so we left them in the car.

Mallam Sanusi took us home and as soon as we got home, I regretted declining Mami's offer of Saudatu coming to the house to clean it up a bit.

Ahmad hates dirt or dust, as soon as we stepped in, he got irritated and left the house.

And...we are back to square one.

Hopefully not.

The twins went over to the estate playground with Fauziya. I had time to unpack the gifts and the other stuff I bought for myself.

I kept all the stuff I bought for Rania, Mummy and Kamilla in one side and kept the other stuff I bought for Mami, Salma and Falmata in another.

I thankfully did some laundry at Qatar so the amount of dirty clothes weren't alot.

By the time I was done unpacking i and Ahmad's boxes, I was drained. It took me about one hour to finish.

I layed down in the parlour and the netflix homepage was on, I took the remote to switch it off when Ahmad came back.

Cleaning the house totally slipped my mind.

" Ha ah,why is the house still dirty?" He said still looking irritated.

I rolled my eyes and got up.

" I've been unpacking and was just resting before I'll start" I brushed my hair down with my fingers.

" You know how I hate dirty places, please get it done." He walked into our room.

" If it bothers you so much, do it yourself" I mumbled but im pretty sure he heard me on his way to the room.

I started with the living room and wiped all the surfaces before mopping the floors. I did the same with the dining room and kitchen.

My room was pretty clean except for the dusty floors so I just mopped it and collapsed in the bed.

I catched my breath and went I to Ahmad's room with the rag only, his floors were clean so I wiped the surfaces only.

" What do you want for lunch?" I asked with my hands on my hips.

" Spagetti and sauce" He said and I nodded.

I went into the kitchen and the twins were back so I put cocomelon on the TV to distract them from coming into the kitchen.

I made the sauce while the spaghetti was boiling. I was done so I put it on a tray and took it to our room.

We ate together in silence and I scrolled through my emails to see if I had any work to do. I didn't so I dropped my laptop and played Netflix on my ipad as the twins came in and out of the room.

Hey humans

I know this is a really short chapter.

I just wanted to write about when they came back.

See you on the next one.