Episode 48

Salma's POV

" Mami please just call her and ask if she is ok" I begged Mami as she was in shock on what I was telling her.

" Yanzu you are telling me my son is hitting his wife? Is that what you are saying Salma?!" She said.

" Yes Mami, and this is not the first time. I always see her with a new bruise every time we meet." I said.

" Salma this is not a small accusation, so tell me the truth, are you joking?" She asked.

" Why would I lie about something like this Mami? She is being abused." I said wiping my tears and she kept quiet.

She was quiet for a long time and stood up and went towards Daddy's living room where he was seated. He just came back from the mosque for Maghreb prayer.

I've been trying to tell Mami about what I saw since but she was so busy. I told her now because Ya Ahmad just left with the twins and he still looked angry.

I really fear for Hameedah, I feel like he is going to do something. I just hope she is ok. I tried her line once now but it was switched off so I dialed Fauziya's number. She also didn't pick so I gave up and waited patiently to see what Daddy would do because he won't take this lightly.

Ahmad's POV

I fucked up.

I messed up real bad. I don't feel bad for what I did to her because that fool deserved it but my kids saw it.

I pushed Awwal.

I pushed my own son.

I can't go back to the house now and face my kids so I went to the only place that keeps me at peace and makes me forget about everything.

Afrah's club.

I drove in full speed due to the adrenaline, I finally made it to the club and as soon as I got in, I ordered drinks and watched the show made all for me.

As I sipped my drink at the club, the feels of a mix of exhilaration and detachment. The pulsating beats of the music seem to sync with my fast heartbeat, creating a rhythmic euphoria that momentarily drowns out the chaos of daily life. The dim lights and swirling colors blurs my surroundings, adding a sense of escapism to the night.

I forget about all the chaos going on and relish the current environment that I am in.

Yusuf's POV

That bastard. When I see that man I am going to kill him. I don't even know how to feel, my sister is in this mess because I chose to ignore all the signs. She has been sufferings for years now and I'm just hearing about this now.

We are in the hospital now. Fauziya called me in the night and I don't even know how I got her number. She was crying and saying incoherent words that I began to get annoyed.

She finally made some sense and told me that Hameedah has been beaten up and is unconscious. I didn't wait to hear what she said before I ended the call and ran to Hamma Shehu's room to tell him. It was late so we didn't inform Mummy and left. He was asking me questions that I also didn't know answers to. The streets were empty so I sped up and reached her house gate in no time. We got down and entered the house which was open.

I heard cries upstairs so I ran upstairs as Hamma Shehu trailed behind me also in sync with my speed. We got to the room and there she was on the floor in her own blood unconscious. My body became cold and my legs stopped working as I saw her looking almost lifeless.