Episode 41

Today was exactly a week, and I decided not to have the naming ceremony. I was always sick throughout so Mami said it be better if I canceled it

Hafsa messaged me and asked me if I could come. I wasn't feeling well this morning so I told her I couldn't make it but was feeling a bit better so I went to show face.

I wore a simple-shaped gown and simply tied my headtie. I draped a milk shatili veil and picked up my phone. Bamanga was sleeping so I went out before he woke up.

I took some gifts for her and put them in a bag.

The house was packed so I told Umaru to wait for me outside. I walked in and a lot was going on so I walked into the house. I called her and she said I should meet her in her room.

" Assalamu Alaikum." I walked in and saw her feeding the baby with women who looked like her sisters.

" Wa alaykum salam! Hameedah you made it!" She squealed and I hugged her.

" Ya, baby?" I asked her.

" She is good Alhamdullilah. Hameedah you shouldn't have come all the way here, you should rest fa." She said.

" I needed to come outside while he was sleeping to get a bit of fresh air." I sat down near her.

" Ina wuni." I greeted her sisters.

" Lafiya, finally de we have met this Hameedah. She is always talking about you." One of them said.

" Ya samha stopp, and you, I don't talk about you." She gave her other sister the baby.

" Lemme see his picture." She said and I opened my phone and gave it to her.

" Masha Allah. He is handsome Masha Allah and soo tiny." She cooed.
She gave her sisters and they all had the same reaction.

" Allah ya raya shi." One of them said and I replied with an Ameen.

" Hafsa I have to get going, he'll probably wake up now. This is yours." I gave her the bag.

" Thank you so much for coming. All my sisters don't live here so you are like my Abuja older sister." She said and I laughed.

" Greet oga Awwal for me." She hugged me and I bade the rest goodbye.

I called Umaru to come pick me up. His number wasn't going through and I kept on trying him. I went out the gate to look for him but I didn't see him so I just went home on foot.

I was approaching the gate when I saw Ahmad's car at the gate. His car is tinted but I could guess he was looking straight into my soul.

I looked away and went towards the gate. His door opened and he ambled out of the car.

" Where were you?" He held the back of my neck.

" Hafsa's" I croaked.

" Oga kayi hakuri." The gateman stepped in.

" Dan chi uwarka. Kai min motana chiki." He grabbed my hand and pulled me in. ( An insult in Hausa. Take my car in.)

We reached the living room and I stopped.

" Come here." He said and I stayed rooted where I was.

" Don't make me meet you there." He glared at me and I walked to where he was.

" Do you know husbands have the right to punish their wives if they do something they forbid right?" He cocked his brows.

" You know I hate it when you go out but you still did so from today, I forbid you from leaving this house. Except for My parent's house and yours. You have to seek permission and if I say no then you should not even dare stepping out of this house because you will see my other side. Do you understand?" He said and I nodded.