Episode 47

" Let's go Hameedah it's getting late." Ahmad said as I put on the remaining bangles in the table.

I wore a blue skirt and blouse and it was extremely tight. I don't have any other option because all my clothes are in the laundry so I just picked this one.

I let my braids fall loose down my back and prayed some perfume. As soon as I was about to come out, my stomach began to hurt so I got into the bathroom.

" Hameedah muje mana!" He yelled through the bathroom door.

" Chiki na!" I was starting to get frustrated.

" Ni de I am leaving, the driver will bring you." He said and I rolled my eyes.

After almost 30 minutes of agony, it finally subsided so I came out and wore my clothes before leaving the house. The twins were already at the family house because they slept there.

I took Bamanga with me and left the house. I sat at the back and fed him as the driver drove through the bustling streets of Wuse 2. Today was the second day of Eid and Mami always does a party on that day. I spent the first day with my mum since she was alone because Rania went to Kano for Sallah.

We arrived and the gate was left wide open. It was only going to be close family around and a few of their cousins. I got in and adjusted my veil that I wore. It was a huge shantili veil so I'm sure Ahmad won't say anything.

" Gorgeous Hameedah has graced us with her presence." Salma bowed holding a tray of cupcakes.

" Fashionably late babes, take tips." I said and she began writing on an invisible paper observing me.

" You're crazy." I laughed and she kept the tray by the side and collected Bamanga.

" Omo mummy B see you, if I give birth I want to have your body, see small waist!." She said and I smiled and took the tray as we walked further into the house.

" Hm lalai, where are the rest?" I peeked into the living room but it was only kids watching TV.

" Outside."

Outside was a whole set up, it was adorned with beautiful white and gold flowers trailing along the sidewalk. A huge bouncing castle was at the middle of the backyard, swaying from side to side as the twins and their cousins went up and down.

A smile graced my lips as I made eye contact with Mami. I walked up to her and she embraced me in a warm hug.

" Gaskiya ya kamata Ahmad ya Kara biyan sadaki." She said and I smiled.

" Ina wuni Mami." I chuckled.

" Lafiya my dear, you look absolutely beautiful Masha Allah." She said.

" Nagode." I said.

" Have you eaten?" She asked and I shook my head.

" Oya go and eat, Salma give me my grandchild." She collected Bamanga and went back into the crowd.

We went inside and I served some food. I put Egyptian rice, sticky wings, salad, prawn sauce and Singaporean noodles. It was a lot but I was really hungry.

We went to the living room where everyone was. I said hi to all of them and sat down to eat. Ahmad came in with his cousins and brothers and some of the younger girls brought the coolers reserved for them and served them. I was sitting on the couch and was talking to Nadia.

I haven't seen her in a while and I miss her badly. She is getting married soon to Hassan. They kicked off in Qatar and after that they stayed in touch. She had a boyfriend, Aliyu but he was very unserious so she broke things off with him.