15: Confessions

Jihoon sat at his desk in the comfort of his own home, surrounded by the familiar hum of his music

Jihoon sat at his desk in the comfort of his own home, surrounded by the familiar hum of his music. The soft glow of the lamp cast a warm light over the room, illuminating the clutter of papers and instruments scattered across his workspace., he just had a few tweaks to make, and then he could move onto the next step.

His phone buzzed, and Jihoon's heart skipped a beat. He reached over to grab his phone, only to find a message from Soonyoung.

Jihoon frowned, he didn't make an appointment to see him, so this threw him off. He sighed, putting his phone down. He waited a minute, before he decided to get up and open the door. When he did, he was greeted by Soonyoung's smiling face, his eyes shining. The boy looked tired, his face pale.

"What are you doing here?" Jihoon asked.

"Am I not allowed to see my friend?" Soonyoung answered.

Jihoon scoffed, "Whatever, come on in." He made his way back to his seat, leaving Soonyoung standing there.

Following after the male, Soonyoung closed the door behind him. His eyes scanning the room. "You still haven't cleaned this place up, wow. It's a mess." Soonyoung remarked, his nose scrunched up in disgust.

Ignoring the jab, Jihoon retorted, "Shut up, this place is fine."

Soonyoung rolled his eyes, but took a seat across from Jihoon. "Uh huh, sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"I have no problem sleeping, thank you very much. And besides, what's wrong with you?" Jihoon asked, his eyes searching the latter's face.

"Nothing, why do you ask?" Soonyoung responded, taking a seat across from him.

"You have no reason to be here, but you are." Jihoon pointed out, as he adjusted the lyric sheets he was working on.

"That's true." So young sighed, leaning back in his chair.

"So, what's the deal?." Jihoon asked, his eyebrows raised. He stopped the track that was playing softly and fully gave his attention to the latter.

"I'm not allowed to just visit you, or is that too much?" Soonyoung mumbled a hint of annoyance in his voice. He stood up and walked around, the smaller male. He went over to the table where a stack of papers lay scattered, his eyes landing on the messy scrawl.

Jihoon watched as Soonyoung moved around the room, his irritation mounting with each passing moment. He couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled in the pit of his stomach, a nagging sense that something was amiss.

"You're not answering my question," Jihoon pressed, his tone sharp as he watched Soonyoung inspect the clutter of papers on his desk.

Soonyoung glanced back at him, his expression unreadable. "Question?" he replied, he picked a pice of paper from the pile and held it up to scan it.