21: SPACE

"How long are you two planning to stay here? It's been three hours, shouldn't you be getting to your own homes ?" Jihoon asked, his eyes narrowing

"Oh, are you throwing us out?" Vernon laughed, leaning back against the sofa. He was stretched out, his feet propped up on the coffee table. "I thought we could spend some quality time together, is that such a bad thing ?"

"No." Jihoon replied, his eyes flickering to Seungcheol. He was quieter than usual. He hadn't said much since he arrived, and it was making the younger man uncomfortable. "It's just, you don't usually come over unless you need something. So, I'm wondering what it is that you want from me?"

"Why are you assuming we need something from you?" Vernon laughed, his lips curling into a smile. "Maybe I just missed my favorite hyung."

"Bullshit."

Vernon glanced at his friend, a smirk playing across his lips. Jihoon frowned, his gaze shifting to Seungcheol again. He hadn't moved, his attention focused on the game controller in his hands. "Well, spit it out."

Vernon leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. He also turned his attention to his hyung. "Seungcheol ?"

The older man didn't look up, he kept his gaze fixed on the screen in front of him. He hadn't spoken since he arrived, and Jihoon was beginning to get irritated.

"Ya!"

Seungcheol sighed, his eyes flitting towards the other two.

"Are you gonna talk, or am I gonna have to beat the shit out of you?" Jihoon crossed his arms.

Seungcheol glanced at Vernon, who was looking at him expectantly. "I don't know, maybe I'm just here for a beer?"

"A beer? What the fuck do you mean, a beer?" Jihoon stood, his eyes narrowed. "you came to me in the middle of the night for a beer? What the fuck is wrong with you, are you serious?"

"Calm down, I'm joking." Seungcheol sighed, setting down the controller. He got to his feet, rubbing his temples. "Can we talk about this some other time?"

Jihoon frowned, his arms crossing. He huffed shaking his head as he walked to his kitchen. "Why, what's the big deal?"

"I'm tired," he replied, his gaze returning to the screen.

"So, you're telling me you came all the way over here at two in the morning because you're tired? Fuck, you could have gone to bed." Jihoon grumbled, pouring himself a glass of water.

Seungcheol was silent. His gaze focused on the screen. While Vernon rolled on the ground unfazed.

Jihoon rolled his eyes, downing his drink before slamming the glass on the counter.

"Isn't your husband home?" Jihoon walked back to the living room, sitting down beside Vernon.

"Yeah," Seungcheol said simply.