Chapter 3

"He threatened the life of the host family." I sigh, revealing why the trip was short lived.

"What?" Tsukauchi's face was written with confusion.

"The first thing he said was that he'll trust them, but if they try anything he will kill them."

"Are you sure that was Gon? That kid doesn't look like he could hurt a fly."

"Normally threats like that coming from a kid are empty, but..." I think back to the presence that overwhelmed me back at the house. "That kid. He meant every word he said. I couldn't leave him with that family in good faith." Tsukauchi looks at me, ensuring that I meant every word I just said.

"I guess he'll just have to go to the group home then."

"He can't go there either."

"Wha-" Tsukashi starts, but I cut him off.

"With how he reacted with the family, I don't think I could send him anywhere where he could come in contact with a mutant quirk user."

"Was it really that bad?" I nod. The presence...it was pure killing intent. I've only ever felt top villains have that much will to end someone's life. So is this kid a villain? I mean he's admitted to killing chimera ants before, but are they human? Are chimera ants just another word for mutant quirk users? I guess there's no proof to his claim anyway, and a judge wouldn't be able to convict him on confession alone. There hasn't even been a slew of mutant quirk people dying in over 2 decades. There is no way he could be involved in a mass killing of mutant quirk users.

"This boy is dangerous. He needs to have constant surveillance. While he hasn't committed a crime yet, he is on a road to commit a crime. If we want to steer this kid on the right track. We need to watch him closely, and show him the right path."

"I've never seen you so passionate about a kid." Nezu mused. "If you think he'll need surveillance, then we can arrange that, but not by the end of tonight." Nezu thinks for a second, and I immediately regret my decision to suggest surveillance. "Why doesn't he stay at your place for the night?"

"Fine." I grumble. "But what about tomorrow? I still have students to teach."

"Well I would offer for you to leave him in my office, but he is aggressive toward mutant quirk users like myself so..." I knew what he was suggesting.

"I have mutant quirk user students."

"But you will be with him to keep him in check." I sigh. He had a point.

"I'll go get him. We shouldn't make decisions without him here." I walk to the room next door, where Gon is. "Gon, come with me."

"Ok!" He says, following me to the observation room. "Woah!" He said as he observed the room. "This is a really cool place!"

"So Gon." Tsukaushi said. Nezu had left.

"Yah?" He said, looking at the room he was previously in.

"We think you should stay with Aizawa for the time being. Is that okay with you?"

"Yup!" He said. Once we got in the car, Gon started talking. "Hey, Mr. Aizawa."

"Yes."

"Do you think Aunt Mito is going to be mad? I didn't tell her I was leaving."

"She's probably scared."

"What if I told her the Ging told me to. Then do you think she'd be mad at Ging?"

"I don't know." Gon was quiet the rest of the way. Once we got into my house, I showed him to the guest room. "Here is where you'll be staying."

"Awesome! Thanks!" He said. He didn't have any stuff with him other than the clothes on his back.

"You're going to be coming to work with me tomorrow, so we can buy some new clothes after school tomorrow."

"Sounds good! Good night!"

"Good night." I shut the door. Explaining why I have a kid with me tomorrow is going to be such a bother.

Meanwhile (POV switch)

"Oh!" Mito smiled down at me. "Hello Killua! What brings you here?" A pained expression started to spread across Mito's face.

"I wanted to surprise Gon. This is my sister, Alluka, she wanted to spend some time with him as well."

"Why don't you two come in?" I step in.

"Is Gon out?"

"I'll make us some tea." She said, deflecting the question. I was annoyed with her avoidance. Did something happen again?

"Where's Gon?" I repeat again, my tone darker.

"Why don't you sit down." I turned my head away in annoyance, but went to sit down anyway. Alluka sat down beside me.

"Gon has been gone for 6 months now."

"... WHAT!!!" I yell a little louder than anticipated. Gon said nothing about leaving, let alone for 2 months. His nen is gone too. What if he gets himself wrapped up in a fight? I shake my head in disbelief. I knew he was stupid, but to go out on his own after almost dying is a ballsy move. Whatever, he still has his normal superhuman strength, so he'll be fine if he doesn't confront any nen users.

"He left this letter with me. I didn't really understand everything, so maybe you'll understand more." Mito hands me a letter, pulling me out of my thoughts.

Dear Aunt Mito,

I've been thinking a lot about what happened last month. I couldn't beat Pitou with my own strength. I called Ging recently, and he said that I could relearn nen. He told me the best way to evaluate if I could beat Pitou with my own strength is if I make it through the dark continent. So, I'm going to the dark continent to explore. I'm not going to come back till I'm strong enough to beat Pitou with my own strength. If Killua stops by, tell him I say hi and that once I'm back I'm going to want to hear everything he did with Alluka!

Love,

Gon

My hands squeeze as I read, crinkling the letter. I have to go after him. What kind of idiot goes to the dark continent? Let alone without nen. "Big Brother?" Alluka tugs at my sleeve. My eyes meet Alluka's. I can't go after him. I'd leave Alluka all alone. I divert my eyes from Alluka. My heart was torn. Gon was my first friend. I can't leave him alone when he could be in danger, especially now that he's been in the dark continent for 6 months, but I can't leave Alluka alone.

"Alluka...I-"

"You want to go after him. Don't you?" Alluka read my mind. "You should go after him. You need to make sure it's safe." I consider the option.

"No, I can't leave you alone."

"I'll be okay big brother. I don't want anything bad to happen to Gon either." I think for a moment. I can't leave her alone, but I can get someone else to come and watch her for me.

"You still wanna learn nen?" Alluka aggressively shakes her head. Once Alluka found out about nen, she has been asking me to teach her non-stop.

"Perfect." I have a plan.