Vol. 1 Chapter 1.2

Meanwhile, chaos erupted in Magic Tower. The moment the world shook, blurring the boundary between the living and the dead, the mages of Magic Tower felt the presence of countless old souls in an instant.

“Has anyone ever succeeded in boundary-shaking magic so far?”

“Still, it was indeed that magic. We’ve started tracking it, so we’ll soon know who cast it.”

The mages of Magic Tower confirmed the magic was cast in the house of a witch who had left the tower a long time ago.

They thought the old witch would greet them and boast about her success. But instead, a child wearing the witch’s clothes greeted them.

“Did you, by any chance, shake the boundary?”

“Where did she go?”

Startled by the sudden visitors, Lulu hid inside the house and peeped at them, saying nothing. In the meantime, the mages were astonished to know that Lulu had indeed cast the magic.

Their eyes started to glisten with greed.

A young mage without a guardian, if you make her your apprentice, she will be of great use. Moreover, the old house was full of precious grimoires that were rarely found, even in the Magic Tower.

“It’s only right for us to reap what she sowed.”

“Yes. It would be good to take what she left behind to the Magic Tower.”

The mages, nodding in agreement with each other’s points, entered the house and grabbed Lulu’s wrist, trying to take the witch’s books with them.

“Stop! Those belong to the witch!”

She was surprised when the strangers tried to drag her away, but when they went outside with the witch’s book, Lulu screamed frantically to stop them.

The mages tried to subdue Lulu with magic as her resistance was beyond predicted. At that moment, Lulu cast a spells the witch had told her to use in dangerous situations.

Clouds gathered in the sky, and the lightning struck overhead the mages instantly. The startled mages tried to dispel Lulu’s magic, but their magic was soon engulfed when it clashed with Lulu’s. The difference in the amount of mana was overwhelming.

The mages and Lulu battled for days, and the first to fall was the mages. They thought she would fall first because she was a child, even if she was strong. But Lulu managed to keep her eyes wide open until the end.

“Though we offer to help, if she refuses stubbornly, then we have no choice.”

“Yeah. Let’s just leave it alone. The book over there isn’t really necessary anyway…”

The mages, ashamed of losing to a child, made excuses and retreated. Then they returned to Magic Tower and made a rule not to approach the area where the forest witch lived.

Since Lulu already perceived them as enemies, facing her again would only bring shame.

After the mages retreated, Lulu’s life returned to peace. It was good that the scary humans didn’t return, but she read alone, ate alone, and slept alone, Lulu thought.

‘Lonely.’

The home was a cozy, joyful place when the witch was alive. But now she felt like she was standing alone in a vast field with no end in sight. Lulu wished she was with someone, of course, not someone scary like the mages who had come before, but someone who could live here peacefully with her like she was with the forest witch.

So Lulu decided to create such a being.

Knowing the magic formula alone isn’t enough to cast the spells. In particular, creation-type magic requires ingredients. However, proper ingredients were unavailable in the house that had been uninhabited for a long time. Lulu had to look for ingredients in the surrounding area.