Part 9

Going down wasn't always easy. Both Harry and Louis struggled with getting Harry into the right headspace but getting him up again, after he's found a comfortable age was even harder and completely on Louis.

He couldn't just tell Harry to 'snap out of it' and have him coming up. It wasn't as easy. He had to gently bring him up which really, Louis could probably stretch it out for days if he wanted. They didn't have days now was the thing.

First, Louis still had to talk to Harry why he dropped in the first place and second, both Harry and Louis had appointments they needed to attend.

That didn't mean that Louis could just rip Harry out of his head space, that doesn't work, would just confuse Harry and distress him a lot which wasn't what Louis bargained for. This whole thing was, so that Harry was able to relax, let go of his stress and leave it to Louis to take care of him not to stress him out more.

Louis had a routine for that. He started by dressing Harry in sweats and a T-shirt from his closet, instead of choosing one of his onesies or pastel leggings.

Harry never liked coming up but he also didn't really noticed when Louis started to bring him up. Especially not in the beginning. He frowned at Louis choice of clothing but didn't question it, just clutched tightly to Louis as he carried him downstairs.

Now, instead of preparing a bottle and mashing his banana, Louis prepared some porridge and cut the banana on top, so that Harry had to chew a little bit and had to concentrate on eating.

It was a slow process so that it wouldn't startle things, Louis changing small things in their usual routine.

After Harry had eaten, Louis would bring him into the room, giving him some of the toys he had there. Now, usually when Harry was very deep in his headspace Louis wouldn't dare leave his boy alone. And Harry wouldn't want to be anywhere but attached to Louis, always feeling him and his touch.

Harry was confused but didn't put up a fight. Louis smiled at him, praising him before kissing the top of his head.

"Gonna stay here for a bit bubs while I clean the kitchen?" He asked Harry, patiently waiting for an answer. His pacifier bobbed between his lips as he looked up at Louis with big for eyes.

Louis kneeled down to him, gently tugging on it until Harry would loose his grip and let it slid out.

"Good Boy." Louis praised, ruffling the curls. That was another thing, Louis tried to not 'baby' Harry as much when he tried to bring him up.

"I'm gonna put the baby monitor up and you're gonna be a good lad and stay inside the room yeah?" He asked again, smiling when Harry nodded and let out a soft "yeah, daddy."

Louis did as he said, putting up the baby monitor and walking into the kitchen where he unloaded the dishwasher and loaded it again.

Lastly, he prepared a cuppa, drinking it slowly while watching Harry play through monitor.

His boy was laying on his tummy, legs dangling in the air as he fiddled with the ear of his stuffed animal.

Louis could see his lips moving, probably babbling freely away. Louis frowned, feeling guilty about the fact that he had to bring Harry up, now that his boy wasn't feeling distressed in the way he the last two days.

Since they always talked about why Harry regressed, Louis knew that it would probably upset Harry because he regressed on his own, something that happened rather rarely, without Louis helping him.

Louis could tell, by the way Harry acted and moved that he was already coming up more, that his headspace was way older than in the evening before. He couldn't help the smile that tugged on the corners of his mouth as he watched Harry.