The Second Little Girl [Adventure Time]

Notes:

I used to simp for Finn, but I simped more to his Farmworld Variant ever since the S4 finale and the "Finn the Human" episode came out. 

Seeing the before and after, thanks to Fionna and Cake, I simped HARD (Literally made Fanart of him. I do commissions 👉👈). This is about ordinary Finn Mertens tho. 

Our MC here used to look after Marcy until Simon did something to her. This starts in the episode Betty with a flashback as a start.

Chapter 1 | The Beginnings

"...and then he said 'fine'. And that's the story of how I met your dad," Elise told Marceline. "Can I play now?" Marceline asked as she looked up at her mom. "No, Marceline, sweetie, it's nap time," Elise rejected as little Marcy frowned. "But I don't want to sleep. My dreams are weird," Marceline sat up worriedly, and the door to their RV opened. "What about dreams being weird?" A twelve-year-old Ruth came in with canned food she found.

She had a backpack, a sword in hand, a guitar strapped behind her, and a mask that helped her walk around the radiation. She had just gone to the city, which is not good for her health and she could become one of those gooey zombies.

"Ruthy! Please convince Mom that I can play?" Marcy asked for a favor. "Well, it is your nap time, lil bud," Ruth told the four-year-old as she ruffled her hair. "But my dreams are weird," Marceline told her as Elise replied, "All dreams are weird." "But Mom, my dreams are weird," Marcy prolonged the "we" sound as Elise chuckled a bit.

"Honey, something weird might just be something familiar viewed from a different angle and that's not scary, right?" Elise hugged Marceline close as the little girl reciprocated. Ruth watched as she took her guitar from her back.

"Let's go in the garden, you'll find something waiting," Elise began her lullaby as Marceline sang along. "Right there where you left them, lying upside down. When you finally find it, you'll see how it's faded." Ruth sat beside Marceline and sang along as well.

"Your underside is lighter, when you turn it around.

Everything stays, right where you left it.

Everything stays, but it still changes.

Ever so slightly, daily, and nightly

in little ways when everything stays."

Ruth smiled and looked over to see Marceline asleep. "Everything will be okay," she whispered yet reassured Elise. "I tried looking for a pharmacy but it's hard to find one in this kind of area," she ask her, "Are you ever going to tell her?" "All that matters is for you two to go to the safe house," Elise mentioned. Feeling the atmosphere lowering, Ruth faked a smile.

"Well, I found tons of canned food. I had to check for the expiration date. I found three that would expire a few days from now," Ruth reported. "Good, that can be our dinner. Thank you so much, Ruth," Elise fixed Ruth's hair. "You two are more than family to me. It's okay," Ruth genuinely smiled this time.

She held her guitar and started to play the same melody as "Everything Stays." She played until Elise fell asleep and Ruth smiled. The smile turned upside down. She wished she had a close relationship with her mom like Marcy and Elise; not even her dad was present. She knows about Hunson Abadeer as he still scares her to this day. He still gave her the chills.

All she got was herself, her guitar, and her old memories of when everything was okay. She was grateful to find Elise and Marcy again.

Night time came, and Ruth cooked the canned food she found into a soup. "Ruthy!" She looked up to see Marceline's smile. "Oh, hey," Ruth smiled as Marceline ran up to her. "Just in time, the soup is ready," she informed as Elise came with clean bowls. "Ruthy, can you tell me more about what it was like to live in a city?" Marcy asked.