The Other Alice [Alice in Borderland]

Notes:

This is where I adopted the name Mei Arisu, AKA what the MA stands for in my username. I usually just go with Arisu but... HAHAHA

Chapter 1 | The Borderlands

Mei was in her classes for the day and listening to her teacher attentively, but all of a sudden, her phone lit up.

Buzz!

Buzz!

Buzz!

Mei sighed as she heard her phone buzzing on her desk. Her class was about to end in a few minutes and her brother, Ryohei, had to start texting. Mei is the youngest child in the Arisu Family and they treated her like a toddler. 

Why should they though? 

Her Father forced her to take karate lessons, but she has no regrets since it will come in handy. Soon after she was done with karate, getting a black belt, she always found new hobbies to do or other stuff to do to pass the time.

She'll never know when they'll be useful at all, but out of all of the activities, playing video games and having competitions with Ryohei are her favorite pastimes. You can even tell that between both of her older brothers, Ryohei is her closest and favorite sibling, resulting in being friends with his friends.

As she kept hearing the buzzing of her phone, she huffed and the bell finally rang. She packed her things, grabbed her phone, and quickly got out of campus. She dodged a lot of people and took many shortcuts and finally, she was home. "I'm home, otou-san, onii-san," Mei greeted her father and her brother as she quickly went upstairs, hearing them greet her back.

Mei changed her clothes to a pair of black basketball shorts, a violet tank top, and a black hoodie jacket. She put on a new pair of white socks and carefully ran downstairs, grabbing her sling bag as she got out of her room. "I'm going out again," Mei told them and was stopped before she could leave.

"Mei, make sure you find Ryohei when you come back," her dad mentions and she raises an eyebrow. "Let me guess, he didn't go to that interview?" She asked yet sighed. "I'll go get him," she quickly answered and ran out without hearing what he would say next. She opened the group chat to see Ryohei had spammed the group chat and their friends chatting with one another.

Arisu Ryohei
Can I go to the bar?
I'm officially homeless.
sent 13 mins ago

Karube, are you there?
sent 12 mins ago

Chota, are you working? Let me stay over.
sent 12 mins ago

Hey, are you ignoring me?
sent 12 mins ago

Mei, your classes are about to finish
Do you want to go somewhere?
sent 11 mins ago

Fine
sent 10 mins ago

Karube Daikichi
I was fired from my job
sent 10 mins ago

Arisu Ryohei
Seriously? When?
sent 10 mins ago

Karube Daikichi
Right now. I'm jobless now!
read

Segawa Chota
Good job getting fired. I'm skipping work right now
read

Karube Daikichi
You should work, Chota. You're poor.
read

.
.
.
.
.

Arisu Mei
It sucks to be an adult. Where's the reset button?

And also, hi, hello, what'd I miss?
read