Lost Memory [Naruto]

Notes:

A modern take on the "Sasuke's Older Sister" FF. This was the first and was exclusively a (Y/N) story but decided to go back to the canon timeline and have it an OC instead. (I shared more reasons in my Brave chapter why I don't like writing Y/Ns anymore) 

ON TO THE CHAPTER.

"Kyo, come on!" I giggled as my redheaded best friend pulled me towards his backyard, towards the swing specifically. "G̵͓̯͓̎̍ã̸̞̉̀a̴̝̮͖͐̀r̷̡̮̳͛̈́͝å̶̲̿͘, slow down!" I laughed as we finally got near the swing.

We were 6 years old and I'm always going to his house after school to hang out with him. He used to go to my school, but he got bullied and judged a lot by our classmates and his dad decided to get him homeschooled for the time being. It was hard to maintain the friendship since he lives in another country.

"Sorry, I just missed you so much...!" He smiled at me as I wrapped my arms around him, giggling. He hugged me back and twirled us around laughing as my legs were swift off the ground. "I missed you too! You'll always be my best friend!" I exclaimed as he placed me down, smiling happily at me.

"How did I ever deserve a best friend like you...?" He asked me sadly as he held my hands. "Because I am! I'm not leaving your side, G̵͓̯͓̎̍ã̸̞̉̀a̴̝̮͖͐̀r̷̡̮̳͛̈́͝å̶̲̿͘!!" I exclaimed happily as his frown turned upside down.

"You promise?" He asked as he held my hands tightly, not wanting to let go. "I promise! I love you, G̵͓̯͓̎̍ã̸̞̉̀a̴̝̮͖͐̀r̷̡̮̳͛̈́͝å̶̲̿͘!!" I giggled and hugged him tight."I love you too, Kyo!" He smiled brightly at me as we finally went to his swing. We laughed and chatted while he pushed me on the swing.

.-. 🥀 .-.

"Kyo, wake up." She opened her eyes a bit to see Itachi by her bed. He was smiling at her gently with an apron on him. His smile turned into a frown as Kyo groaned and placed a pillow over her head as she wanted to sleep more. She yelped as Itachi attacked her with another pillow. 

He removed the pillow over her head. "Sasuke's already downstairs, eating his breakfast. So you better dress up for school," He chuckled as he pressed two fingers on her forehead, pushing her head lightly. "Alright, alright, Itachi...!" She sighed lightly as he left her room. It took her a while to get up and ready for school, taking a quick shower and then changing into her uniform. 

She grabbed her school bag and went downstairs to the dining room. "Good morning..." She greeted her brothers and tiredly sat on a chair beside her little brother. Sasuke was a year younger than Kyo and Itachi was four years older and had already finished college. With their parents living abroad, he helps financially and works in an industry called "Akatsuki".

"I told you not to stay up so late, sis..." Sasuke commented as he ate his breakfast. "Kyo!" Itachi looked at her disappointingly. "I had to train for my Splatoon Tourney in school," she held her hands up in her defense. "That's after your Jonin Exams," Sasuke pointed out as he sipped his coffee. 

"I forgot they added E-Sports in your intramurals," Itachi shared. "I keep picking Martial Arts for my intrams and wanted something new," she shared. "You're the best of the best in Martial Arts though," Itachi pointed out to the dozens of trophies and medals she had in the past. 

"I'm slowly remembering the techniques I've done, but I think I'll mess up still. From what you two told me, it has been so long since I've last competed," she shared. She hadn't attempted to do Martial Arts since she lost her memory. All she could remember now were her family, a few friends, and how she played video games. 

Itachi, Kakashi, and Might Guy would help her regain her techniques and muscle memory. Mostly Kakashi as they have similar fighting styles and Itachi is always busy with his job. She gains a few memories from dreams, but it isn't fifty percent there. "What dream do you have this time?" Sasuke asked, which got Kyo's attention back.

"I had a nice dream where Dad took us to Sunagakure every summer, I think." I smiled sadly from my dream. Even with how much remembering I tried to do... I can't seem to remember the boy's name. "You dreamt about him again?" Itachi asked as he sat on his seat. "Y-Yeah..." She replied with a bitter look. 

"I'm sure you can remember his name." Sasuke petted my head after he finished his breakfast. "Why don't you guys tell me his name?" She asked and the two froze. They looked at one another and back at her. She knew that look; a silent pact. "I get it. I get it," she sighed as she sipped her juice. She quickly finished her breakfast and Sasuke and Kyo waved goodbye to Itachi.

"Don't forget to look out for each other!" Itachi reminded them as they went to the front door to wear their shoes and left the house to head to school. "The Jonin Exams are close by; you should remember to take breaks. You don't have to worry about the Sports Festival yet," Sasuke pointed out. "Noted," Kyo rolled her eyes with a chuckle. 

"I heard it's our school's turn to host," Sasuke nodded at her statement as they finally got to school. "KYO-CHAN!!" She got tackled from behind by Naruto as they fell to the ground. "You dobe! Get off my sister!" Sasuke exclaimed as Sakura went up to Kyo up. As soon as Naruto stood up, Sakura hit him in the back of the head and began to scold him.

Kyo began to laugh nervously as Rock Lee did the same thing Naruto did. "My destined rival! Are you ready for the fight of our lives after exams?!" Lee does a fighting stance. "Um, I'll be doing E-Sports this year," she shared and Rock Lee stood in place. "Ne, ne, Kyo-chan? Are you excited about the tourney?" Naruto smirked as he was one of the three teammates she had. 

"I got scolded for playing with you and the others late at night," Kyo chuckled and dragged Rock Lee behind her. "I cannot wait!" Naruto excitedly said as they got inside campus. "Well, yeah! We get the chance to fight other students from different schools!" Kyo chuckled.

"I'm excited too, to be honest. I can't wait to meet our friends from the Sand again!" Kyo's eyes widen from Sakura's statement. When have they met any of the students from the Sand? "Oh yeah! We get to see Gaara again!" Naruto exclaimed and she stopped walking. Why is that name so familiar...? "What's wrong, Kyo?" Lee noticed her stop and let go of him.

"Since when did we meet people from the sand?" Kyo asked confusingly as they looked at her sadly. "Oh, yeah... you had your accident..." Sakura muttered sadly as she remembered what happened. "Was it when I lost my memories?" She asked and Sasuke nodded sadly. "Close enough. It was a month after the Chunin Exams," he replied. 

Kyo had her accident when she was fourteen and it took three years to fully remember Itachi, Sasuke, Naruto, and other good friends of hers like Hinata, Rock Lee, Neji, Tenten, etc. But, she couldn't remember her past from what her parents were like or her time in the Sand Village. Now, it has been a year since the memories and dreams started.

"You'll remember them! There was one guy you were so close too! You go way back when you were just kids! Well, that's what you guys said anyway," Naruto exclaimed as Kyo raised an eyebrow. A guy...? "Naruto," Sasuke glared at the blonde, but he ignored it.

All she could remember of the guys from her past was her dad, her brothers, Kakashi, and Naruto. She wouldn't count the one in her dreams since she couldn't remember him still. "May I ask who he is and what he looks like?" She asked as Naruto and Sakura began to grin at her. Sasuke stayed quiet and he looked like he wanted to kill someone. He gave up on keeping it a secret.

"His name is Gaara! He has red hair and green eyes! He also has a tattoo on the left side of his forehead and it's so cool!" Naruto exclaimed. "His eyes are green-seafoam-colored eyes," Kyo's eyes widened, and covered her mouth after she corrected him. Why did I correct him? How would I know if that guy has those colored eyes? Are my memories back yet? 

"Oh! You remember his appearance! That's a good sign!" Lee exclaimed as everyone noticed Kyo's confused and hurt look. "Hey! What are you doing to Kyo this time?" Tenten stomped over to them with Neji walking over. "They were talking about Sabaku," Sasuke told them and Tenten looked horrified. 

"I think it's time we split to our classrooms, yeah?" She laughed nervously as she dragged Kyo with Neji dragging Lee away with them. 

DNF. Did Not Finish.
Would Love to Write it
if she had more time
and passion again.