[7] Suffocating silence

• ───────────────── •

Electricity flows overhead with wires of unwavering resolute that dispersed the place.

"𝗜𝗻𝗮𝘇𝘂𝗺𝗮 𝗡𝗼.𝟭!"

Gouenji and Endou flawlessly preformed their new move with help of Kabeyama. Their determined strides echoed across the stadium, demonstrating their tenacious ability to advance no matter what opponent they faced. They successfully scored not only a second point, but a third point afterwards.

2-3.

In the end, despite the many efforts and the hardships Teikoku endured, Raimon came out victorious. The crowd bursts into boisterous applaud.

The team swarmed around the captain with gleeful faces. With warm smiles, they put their hands up and waved to the crowd. They did it.

In the midst of the sea of tumutlous celebration, Kuuho found herself feeling conflicted, contempleting her reckless action.

It seems that her teammates were in a much better mood, though.

"This is only the beginning... for our new soccor!" Genda, his face adorned with a hopeful expression, gazed at Kidou.

Kidou replied in an affirming nod. Everyone shared the same feelings.

"Yeah."

A little after the match, Kuuho was informed that Haruna and Kidou are siblings. '𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦.' That was all she could think of, but she didn't outwardly say that.

The captain of Raimon has foolishly assumed that Teikoku won't be entering the nationals, where he remarked that they'll work hard in their stead. Kidou was quick to correct him.

Even though they lost the match, this wasn't the end.

The last year's champion automatically gets to play in the nationals, afterall.

They'll enter the nationals, and win.

Just like how it always been.

Just like how it's suppose to be...

So, why...

Why is she laying on a hospital bed?

Grief paints the room's walls, turning her world into a monochromatic grey. A lingering bitterness fuels the sharp blade of the girl who resides in it. Her dejected, desolute frame writhes; fuming. Her brittle arms are frail in movement, but they hold her deep fury as she grips the white blanket.

What happened? How could things end up like this?

One moment, she was sprinting across the field, about to try thawrting their opponent's chance to score. Then, in a blink of an eye, she witnessed her teammates collapsing one by one before her consciousness slipped away. It happened so fast, she almost believed it was all a bad dream. Her head hurts.

It wasn't only her. Sakuma and Genda, alongside all of their teammates have met the same unfortunate fate.

She was placed in a seperate room, but she sensed that they were feeling the same level of exasperation.

She pulled down her sleeve. Lightly touching her arm, her injuries appeared grotesque againts her pale skin.

In the smallest of glad tidings, her injuries weren't as severe as her teammates, meaning she would be able to leave sooner. She wasn't sure if she should be happy or not, given their predicament.