The Bigger They Fall

Days had passed and the plan had been set. Between Sir’s brilliant mind, and Alastor’s knack for evil, things had gone down swimmingly between the two as they masterminded a plan to kill their biggest foe yet. Luckily, Sir Pentious, with lack of better phrasing, was a weak and easily manipulated individual with the potential to do serious harm if he was guided by someone who knew how to use him. Alastor decided that he was going to be the one to weaponize his brainpower. So, both sinners bounced ideas off of one another, and worked side by side in Sir’s workshop, trying their damndest to give them a weapon that could surely crush the overlord. 

The egg henchmen were little help when it came to their project, though the shadow did enjoy messing with them. It would even place them on tables and other furniture in order to watch their peril. Alastor even found some of his antics to be hilarious, finding time to tease the other demon every time one of his egg boys needed aid. About the tenth time, Sir had requested that they stop their jovial behavior, which would only make them amp it up even more, now hanging multiple henchmen from the chandelier in the middle of the vast workshop.

Sir began to panic, seeing his egg boys in such peril, he even let out a string of curses as he tried to reach for them, though he couldn’t really hop up that far, so he would end up having to beg the shadow to do it for him. After they had their fun, Al let his counterpart do as he was told, glad that their little harmless prank had brought about such a reaction from the snake. He wondered briefly what other reactions he could get from him. 

Being a little more cheeky, Al stood over the snake, leaning forward so that their faces were mere inches apart, his voice low, a growl even; as he spoke, “How I do like seeing you flustered, my pet.”

Sir stood straight, eyebrows raised with surprise, eyes darting to look Alastor’s face up and down, “I don’t like being flustered… sir…”

“That’s a shame. Because, I plan on bugging you for the rest of eternity.” Al’s words rolled off his lips in a tone he used many times before, usually getting his way when he spoke like that to most other sinners.

Sir Pentious, though, was not like most other sinners, “Oh! You’re asking me for a nibble, h’m? Feeling peckish, my lord?” The snake reached out his still healing arm, like an olive branch to end the chaos in his workstation, “Eat up, we have plenty to do!”

Alastor blinked at the display, a mix of confusion and elation on his face, “I mean, I would never turn down a meal, so I suppose you win this little round.”

Taking a hold of the snake’s arm, Alastor brought it to his face, teeth scratching into the surface with a satisfied hum. Even if the snake was dense, he was at least willing. So Alastor bit into the black flesh, gorging himself on the warm blood as his music began to play. Upbeat jazz filled the air, and Sir, as he had before; simply enjoyed it as his head lightened from the lack of blood flow. Strangely these instances felt nice between them, like all pressure to complete their goals had ceased, and that they could actually genuinely enjoy each other’s company. Of course, Al knew that this was simply a business transaction of sorts. He would not fail to remember his place in this venture if he could help it.

Once he had his fill, the deer stood upright, licking his lips clean of any essence that remained. Sir actually reached up, brushing off some from Al’s cheek, careful to make sure he looked neat and tidy like he would want. The wholesomeness made the sinner’s stomach twist, and strangely he was a bit nauseated. 

He shook his head, pulling away from the small display of affection, over-stimulated in the moment, clenching his stomach with a grumble, “Just… get back to work for now. It appears I need a sabbatical.”

“Yes, sir!” The snake saluted his master before he hurried back to his station, though he did spare a worried glance back at the deer, who had started for the door to go and get fresh air.