𝓿𝓲𝓲𝓲.

. . . . . ╰──╮✰ ✰ ✰ ╭──╯ . . . . .

‎‧₊˚✧ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ✧˚₊‧

‎‧₊˚✧ᴅᴇꜱᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴇ ꜱᴏᴜʟꜱ✧˚₊‧

______

"Hope Is Daunting

In The Face Of Desperation

Yet I Cling To It

No Matter How Withered And How Small."

______

It had been two weeks since Graham died. It was officially stated three days later that his death was caused by a heart attack. Since promotion was automatic, that made Emma sheriff and Angie main deputy. Still, Emma hadn't had the heart to put the badge on. Angie understood why, as Graham was a big part of her life in Storybrooke. But at some point, they all had to continue on in their lives.

"Emma," Angie said gently to her friend as Emma continued to stare at the badge resting on the table. "At some point, you have to put it on."

Emma lowered her head. "I know. It's just hard. This was his job."

"Well, it's yours now. It'll never stop being hard. Ever. But you can move on with your life and be better."

After Angie's speech, it seemed as if Emma was considering putting the badge on. "It sounds like you're speaking from personal experience."

Angie nodded. "I can't remember what happened afterwards, exactly, but I became worse. I don't want you to be me. I'm not really a good role model."

Emma chuckled a little before grabbing the badge and caressing the golden details. She was about to clip it onto her belt when Regina stormed in with a wicked smile on her face. "Oh, I'm sorry. That's not for you."