𝔁𝓲𝓲.

. . . . . ╰──╮✰ ✰ ✰ ╭──╯ . . . . .

‎‧₊˚✧ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ✧˚₊‧

‎‧₊˚✧ꜱᴋɪɴ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ✧˚₊‧

______

"You May Not Control

All The Events That Happen To You

But You Can Decide Not To

Be Reduced By Them."

______

Mary Margaret took a sip of her coffee before glancing across the diner to where David was sitting. He was reading a book titled Anna Karenia. Mary Margaret was pleased with his novel choice.

She leaned across her table and whispered to him. "Oh, you got the book!"

David looked up with a smile. "Yeah, yeah, I just started it. It's great. I can't wait to see how it ends."

Ruby came over to Mary Margaret's table and refilled her coffee. "Uh, I can push the tables together if you guys–"

"Oh no, we're not together," Mary Margaret said quickly at the same time that David said, "No, it's–" They were both cut off as the door jingled. Emma and Angie walked in and sat down at the same table as Mary Margaret.

"Hey, David," Angie called over as David readjusted his position.

"Hey."

Emma nodded at him before addressing Mary Margaret. "So, how's your day going?"

"Henry's fine," Mary Margaret said instantly. Angie chuckled as Ruby brought her another coffee. The two had grown to expect the question at this point.

"That's not what I asked you," Emma retorted. Mary Margaret and Angie shared a knowing look. Emma couldn't help herself. "You sure?"

After the whole incident with Sidney, Regina had banned Emma from seeing Henry unless she said so. So, Emma had resorted to getting reports from Angie and Mary Margaret. Mary Margaret got to see Henry at school and Angie occasionally went over to the mayor's office to watch Henry if Regina was busy.