Chapter 33: Final Part 1

Jungkook's POV

"Jimin wait!" I yelled after him as he ran off.

"I'll be back, I have to check on my Appa!" He said and hurried off.

I sighed and looked around me. I wasn't sure we were completely in the clear, I'd taken out many nearby but we had yet to do a full sweep yet. And I had to find any of our people who were still alive. I looked out over the many Omegas in front of me and couldn't help feel responsible for them all. I had to find their mates and the ones that didn't have mates needed protectors like Taehyung had. 

I looked back towards where Jimin ran and while I was proud of him for bringing both of his wolves to the surface, I hadn't realized he couldn't do it all this time. I had shown him before. He was having serious inner conflict and I had truly done all I could to help him. Now I had to put that energy towards the pack. Jimin was strong, he would be alright. Right now the pack needed me and we needed to restore our broken community.

Taehyung looked at me with wide confused eyes.

"Listen, I need you guys to go back inside and stay there. Block the door and don't come out until I return."

"Where are you going?" Lisa asked.

"I'm gonna see if I can find some more of our wolves. So many have died." I stood up. "Go on, go inside and look after the little ones."

They nodded and moved at once doing as I said. I took a deep breath and looked around feeling a bit nauseous from all the blood. So much had spilled, too much of our own. I checked back towards the mesh hall and they were all looking at me through the window.

"Get down!" I said

They quickly got out the window and I picked up a couple of weapons and started walking carefully.  I found Taehyung's Alpha, Bo Gum, just a little ways down turned over. I knelt slowly and heard his heart beat and turned him over. He had been badly stabbed but he was alive. I picked him up and took him to the mesh house. One by one I found our injured and brought them to the mesh house.

"Doctor!" I found him uninjured under a bush.

He jumped when I called him and I pulled him out by his hand.

"You're ok!"

He nodded, "Are they gone? They were so violent, I never would have-"

"Help me gather everyone and bring them to the mesh hall and we can see what our numbers look like."

He nodded and we gathered some hiding and some injured. Once only the dead invaders lay on the ground, I left the doctor with everyone in the mesh hall and ran off to check on my parents. They always lived so far away from the pack and today I was so grateful for that. They were not only unharmed but completely unaware of the attack that had taken place. I felt relief fill my belly and could almost cry happy tears. As much death and gore as I had seen in the last few hours I wasn't sure I'd have been able to put on a strong face had something happened to them. 

"It's fine now. The threat is gone, I need you all to come to the mesh hall where the remaining of the pack is at. We need to have a meeting. Our pack leader has been slain."

"What!?" My mom exclaimed. 

"Many of our friends have been mom. I'm sorry."

She covered her mouth and I helped guide them back to the mesh house keeping my eyes open and alert for any remaining threat. We made it back and I came in and looked around the hall and the doctor was mending and patching up the injured. They got quiet as they saw me enter and I sighed and sat down at the table. They sort of gathered around me.