Chapter 5

Emery was stretching with Aisha

Emery was stretching with Aisha. She was looking at Miguel and Tory.

Somehow she was feeling jealous.

Aisha noticed she was looking at someone. "Hey, who are you looking at?"

Emery quickly looked at Aisha. "No one."

Aisha turned around to see who she was looking at. "Miguel and Tory?" She gasped, realizing something. "You have a crush on Tory?"

"No—yes, I don't know." Em sighed.

"You have to tell her!"

"It's pointless. She's with Miguel." Emery spoke.

Aisha exhaled. "Right.. but it doesn't hurt to try?"

Emery just put her head down.

After a bit Johnny came out of his office. "Everybody, fall in. Today we'll be learning one of the most important lessons a cobra Kai could ever know."

"Where's sensei Kreese?" Hawk questioned.

"Yeah, shouldn't we wait for the sensei emeritus before we get going?" Stingray asked.

Johnny gave him a death stare.

"Or not." He exhaled sharply.

"Mr. Kreese Will no longer be joining us." Johnny looked at Emery who gave him a small smile. "I made a promise when I became your sensei. To always look out for your best interests. Despite how hard this may be for all of us, he didn't have our best interests at heart. John kreese may have founded cobra Kai, but he no longer represents what this dojo stands for. His cobra Kai was old and outdated. He refused to move forward. What happens when we do that, mr. Diaz?"

"You get stuck like cement." The boy replied.

"Exactly. To be a great fighter, you gotta learn to adapt. This creed on the wall—"

Sensei pointed to the letters saying.
"STRIKE FIRST
STRIKE HARD
NO MERCY."

"—follow it to the letter, it'll make you strong. It'll make you formidable. It will also make you an asshole. 'Cause that's just black paint on a white wall. But life's not black and white. More often than not, it's gray. And it's in those gray areas where Johnny Lawrence's cobra Kai.. sometimes shows mercy. Doesn't mean you can be badass. It's still a requirement. But you have to learn to think, not just with your gut.. or your fists.. but to really use.." He pointed to his head. "this. Which leads me to today's lesson."

He grabbed a wooden board and smashed it with his head. "Head butting. Grab a partner."

Em chuckled at the transition of the motivational speech to head butting.

"You wanna go together?" Aisha asked.

"Yeah let's go." Emery smiled.

ᡣ𐭩 •。ꪆৎ ˚⋅