Chapter 13: Xyrus Academy

Arthur Leywin

"Wake uppppppppppppppppp!!" An elbow punctured my sternum. Elijah dropped on me with the force of an Elderwood Guardian.

Groggy and annoyed, I threw Sylvie at him, hoping she would take care of him for me. With a screech, she started clawing at Elijah's face until he collapsed on the ground. At this time, Jayden walked in, wearing his Xyrus academy scholar-mage uniform.

"C'mon Art. We're heading to Xyrus Academy! Act more excited!" Jayden blasted me with a gust of cold wind. With a groan, I flipped around, burying my face in my pillow.

So soft, so warm, so cozy...

"We're gonna be late! Jayden and I have already washed up, we'll meet you downstairs for a quick bite."

Unexcitedly, I got out of bed, dragging Sylvie into the bath with me. She desperately scratched on the ground without success, trying to escape my grasp.

"Papa pwease!!!!!!!!!!! I'm cleannnnnn! Kyu~!!" Using my magic, I used a gust of wind to throw her in. Sylvie splashed around, and I had to hold her down or else she would get water everywhere.

After washing up, I took a quick look at the uniform Director Cynthia sent us. It was a standard uniform, consisting of a white dress shirt, a mundane gray vest, and a pair of navy-tailored dress pants. There was also a golden medallion with the Xyrus Academy logo in my vest's breast pocket, adding to the scholarly look.

"Brother!!! Mom said to hurry up!" Ellie yelled from downstairs. I sighed and started buttoning my shirt.

I walked downstairs to see Elijah and Jayden laughing their heads off. Jayden's uniform looked the same as mine, excluding the location of his medallion, however, Elijah's had a much sharper look. While Jayden and mine's uniform looked scholar-like, Elijah's uniform was more suited towards the "rough battle" look.

Mom handed me a plate of toast, bacon, and veggies. I handed Sylvie a strip of bacon and a slice of toast, before scarfing down the rest.

"I can't believe you two chose the scholar-mage course. I thought for sure you two would have been battle mages." Elijah looked at us.

"It was my idea first," Jayden quietly muttered.

"Ah well, little Jay here was too excited to follow me. I let him because y'know, brothers are supposed to stick together."

"Shut up."

I raised an eyebrow. "What about you Elijah? Why'd you choose to become a battle mage?"

"He said the girls were cuter," Jayden responded while prodding at his lettuce.

Elijah blushed and walked over to Mother, his face still covered in scratch marks.

"Aunty Alice, can you please heal my face? I don't want to be laughed at when I reach the school."

"Hahaha! Tried to mess with Sylvie again huh? You're just like Jay when he grew up. Always getting injured," she laughed.

Just then, my father walked in. His shirt was untidy, and he seemed a bit bulkier than when we returned from adventuring.

"Can't believe my two boys are finally going off to school! Looks like I've raised them well! " He pretended to wipe a tear from his cheek.

"You mean 'I' right? I raised them. Not you." My mother stared at him.

My father pouted, "Let me guess, the only time I raise my kids is when they get into trouble?"

"As long as you know," she smiled.