Chapter 14: President

Jayden Leywin

"My name is Tessia Eralith, and I am honored to stand here as this academy's Student Council President."

Her loud clear voice rang through the hall, silencing every student. With only her presence, she changed the entire atmosphere.

Student Council President Eralith immediately captured my attention. I had already known she was the Elf Princess, however, I had not expected her to be this beautiful.

"Woahhhhh! Art, Jay, I think I'm in love..." Elijah stated with a dreamy look on his face.

"She is quite beautiful..." I agreed with Elijah.

Arthur smacked me on the head, snapping me out of my stupor. He had a knowing smirk on his face as Sylvie jumped up and down on his head.

Sylvie was a clear reminder of my lack of a bond, and I dearly wished I would have something I would bond with as well.

Princess Eralith spoke about the principles of this academy, how this was a holy ground where students should feel safe to walk freely around. She emphasized the discipline one would face if anyone hurt another student outside of a consented duel.

"While I may be a first year as all of you are, having been given the privilege to be inside the academy a year longer made it all too apparent to me that there is deeply embedded discrimination against the scholar-mage students by the battle-mage students. I, for one, will not tolerate any sort of aggression or bullying based on the trivial fact that one is a scholar-mage student." Her voice never wavered as she stood behind the podium.

The crowd grew a little noisy at this statement, as everyone present had heard rumors of the hardships one may face as a scholar-mage student.

"Starting this year, while uniforms and the upper courses required may be different, for the first two years, general education, which contains a mixture of both scholar mage classes and battle mage classes will be mandatory, for better assimilation between the two different types of students. After the two years are up, one may choose to switch their education specialization by taking a test, although it will be quite a difficult one." This last statement drew in dissatisfied complaints from amongst the students in the crowd. While none of us had to take a test due to Arthur and I's special connection with Director Goodsky, most students, regardless of background, had to test for either a scholar mage or battle mage position.

To get in as a scholar mage, an incoming student only needed a basic foundation of magic, which was mana gathering. While they had to take a written exam to test their mental acuteness, the practical portion of the exam was much more simple. battle mage students, however, had a much stricter practical exam, and actually performed basic spells or techniques depending on whether they were a Conjurer or Augmenter. It may have seemed like a cakewalk for someone like Elijah, Art, or me, but I admit it could be quite a challenge for someone who had just awakened.

The Student Council President bowed and tucked her hair, earning a cheer from all students, males and females alike.

We filed out of the auditorium, and I was talking with Elijah about the Princess Eralith.

"Man, she's beautiful, wish I could go out with her." I stared wistfully.

"You have a chance, at least you look good. What about me?" Elijah looked in a slump.

I gave Arthur a side glance, as he seemed to have to interest in our conversation. His eyes darted around, as if he was looking for something.

I looked back at Elijah and whispered, "You know, Art lived in the Kingdom of Elenoir for a while. However, he's probably already seen her, so I doubt he's shocked."