Chapters 1-7

Chapter 1

"Okay guys, I'll see you tomorrow," I said, walking out of the bar. Tonight was another long day at work, and I was just glad that it was finally over. And it was a Friday, which meant that I had the entire weekend to slack off, play some games, and catch up on some reading.

"Hey, watch it," some guy said as I accidentally bumped into him. My vision was a little blurry, and it was difficult for me to walk straight; I was definitely drunk right now, but I didn't care. I was planning on drinking some more when I got back to my apartment.

I mean, why bother caring how people see me? I was twenty-four years old, a virgin, and I had no family. There was no one to nag me about my drinking habits, and that's just the way I liked it: no attachment and nothing to weigh me down. I saw the light of the crosswalk glow green, and I started to make my way across the street.

"Hey, you move it!" "Watch out!" "What's he doing!?" I started to hear multiple people begin to yell at me. I tried to turn around to see what they were talking about, but when I did, for a split second, I saw the headlight of a giant semi-truck come straight towards me, and then there was nothing.

"Wakie wakie," I heard a high-pitched voice start talking to me. "Come on, we don't have all day here."

As I began to open my eyes, my head felt like it was splitting open. When I did, I saw a little girl with glowing pink hair right before me.

"Whoa! What the heck are you doing!?" I asked, crawling backward from her.

"Good, you're finally awake," the girl with glowing pink hair and a plain white dress told me. "I was thinking that you'd never wake up. What would the other Gods think if I lost my very first summon."

"God's? Summon? What the heck are you talking about?" I asked her. I tried to stand up, but I found that I couldn't put any strength in my legs.

"Oh, the other Gods told me that you'd be confused; now, what did they tell me to do?" she asked herself, acting as if I wasn't even there. "That's right, a grand entrance."

"Hear me, mortal," she said as she began to float in the air, and the glow around her hair started to emanate from her entire body. "You may bask in my radiance as I grant you a gift like no other! The gift of reincarnation!"

"..." Confused by what she was talking about and the change in her attitude, I remained silent. This had to be some weird dream. I usually got them whenever I drank too much. Oddly enough, though, I never had a dream that felt this real before.

"That's odd," the girl said, landing back on the ground. "The other Gods told me that usually works most of the time. Why isn't he responding to me?" she asked herself, examining me as if there was something wrong with me.

"Oh no! Did I summon a stupid one? I knew that these Americans weren't the brightest people on this planet, but I never thought that I would get one that was silly in the head!" The girl kept rambling to herself for the next minute.

"Um, excuse me, who are you?" I asked the girl, grabbing her attention for the first time since I woke up here in this weird white void. Wait, why didn't I notice where I was to begin with? I guess I was too distracted by this girl to even notice where I was.

"Foolish mortal, I am a God!" she said, trying to sound superior again.

"Um, I don't think that's going to work," I said to her.

"What?" Why not?" she asked, going back to her usual tone.

"Because I've already seen you go in and out of that voice, so there really is no need to try and fool me," I said to her, stating the obvious.