[ 006 ] - Weird But Alright.

·—★—·

·—★—·

Trigger warnings for this chapter - will being missing..

·—★—·

"Will!" Mikah watched Joyce and Jonathan yell out for the boy as Mikah tried to catch his scent by sniffing the air but wasn't getting anything.

Mikah even took the liberty of smelling one of Wills tops from his bedroom so he knew what the kid's scent smelled like but he wasn't catching the scent,

Maybe the boy hadn't come out here?

Mikah sighed as they walked away from Castle Byers and back into the Byers house as Joyce went back to the phone while Jonathan and Mikah sat down on the sofa.

Jonathan was making missing posters for Will as Mikah watched him intrigued as he stood up and made his way to the window because he could hear a car approaching.

Mikah looked back at Jonathan who watched the younger boy for a few seconds before he heard the car too. "Mum. Cops" was all Jonathan said to get Joyce's attention before Joyce ran out the door, followed by Jonathan and then Mikah.

"Is that Will's bike?" Mikah asks smelling the scent of Will in the air that was radiating off of the bike.

"Yeah, he had it yesterday" Jonathan told him as Mikah nodded as they watched the police chief, Jim Hopper, start walking up towards the door where the three Byers stood.

Mikah watched silently as the three police men walked inside the house after Joyce as Jonathan and Mikah fell behind them, Jonathan giving Mikah a reassuring side hug because he could tell Mikah was nervous from the new presences.

"It was just lying there?" Joyce asks Hopper desperately, wanting to find her missing son. "Yeah, Cal?" Hopper says as the three police men looked around the house.

The darker skinned of the three gave Mikah a quizzical look as if to ask who he was before he focused back on looking around the house for any sign of Will.

"If you found the bike out there, why are you here?" Jonathan asked as they followed Hopper threw to the kitchen. "Well, he had a key to the house, right?" Hopper asks as he looks around the kitchen, spotting the note about Mikah but not bringing it up in the conversation as he silently read it before focusing back on the task.

"Has this always been here?" Hopper asks looking at a dent in the wall that Mikah frowns at, how was that helpful? "I don't know. I mean, I have three boys now. Look at this place" Joyce says gesturing around as Mikah smiled at the mention of him being one of her boys.

Mikah walks past them and out towards where the dog was barking and looked at it for a second before moving closer to the shed that was in the garden.

"He was here last night, he's gone now" Mikah said turning back to Hopper, Joyce and Jonathan. "I can smell the scent" Mikah added casually as he moved closer to the shed before Hopper told him to stay outside with Joyce and Jonathan.

·—★—·

It wasn't long till it was nighttime and Mikah was revving to go and help the search party in tracking Will but Joyce was determined to keep Mikah safe and that meant not to accidentally reveal his glowing yellow eyes around a lot of towns people.

"These look really good" Mikah says looking at the photographs that Jonathan had put on the coffee table in the living room.

"Jonathan, wow. You took these?" Joyce said equally as amazed as Mikah was by the photographer skills Jonathan seemed to possess.

"I know I haven't been there for you.. I've been.. working so hard and I.. I just feel bad. I don't even.. barely know what's going on with you. All right? I am sorry about that" Joyce says through a sad tone as she kept sniffing as if trying to keep her tears inside as she sat with Jonathan on the couch as Mikah moved to sit on the floor.

Mikah could hear Jonathan let out a quiet sob as he breathed heavy making Mikah look over at him in concern. "Hey, what is it? What is it, honey?" Joyce asked Jonathan. "It's just.. I should of been there for him" Jonathan says shakily.

"No. Oh, no. You can't do that to yourself. This was not your fault. Do you hear me? He is.. close. I know it" Joyce tells Jonathan as Mikah debated in his head if he should leave the room or not, he didn't understand social cues or emotions all that great.

So instead, Mikah put his head down on Jonathan's left knee and wrapped his arm around the calf of that leg to give Jonathan a hopefully comforting hug from where he sat on the floor and seconds later he felt Jonathan pat him on the head as a silent thanks.

"Oh, look at this. Look at this one. Look at this one" Joyce says making the two boys look at what she was holding as Mikah kept his head on Jonathan's knee.

Joyce was holding up a picture of Will smiling which made Jonathan and Joyce both chuckle.

"I mean, that's it right?" Joyce asks Jonathan as Mikah smiled small while Jonathan nods back at her.

Mikah flinches when the phone suddenly rings and watches as Joyce runs to it. "Thanks" Jonathan says quietly making Mikah lift his head to look up at Jonathan who had tears in his eyes. "For what?" Mikah asked confused as he scanned Jonathan's face.

"For the hug. For someone who barely understands things, you're doing amazing so far at being a Little Brother" Jonathan comments as he wipes his tears.

Mikah keeps his focus on Jonathan.

Nobody had called him a good brother before,

Not in all his years in the lab,

so this felt both weird but alright too.