[ 012 ] - Werewolf Boy.

·—★—·

·—★—·

Trigger Warnings for this chapter - slight sex mention, Hawkins lab mention..

·—★—·

It was a few minutes later that Mikah was covered in pool water from when Tommy shoved him into the pool.

He had to be saved by Steve because he didn't know how to swim and had to fight off the frightening feeling of his eyes glowing yellow in these peoples presences.

"You okay, Buddy?" Steve asks as he enters his bedroom to find Mikah just sat there.

"I..I don't have spare clothes" Mikah says quietly making Steve chuckle. "Just borrow some of mine, Bud. Don't worry about it" Steve says gesturing to the wardrobe.

"I.. don't know how to get dressed by myself.." Mikah states looking up at Steve nervously.

"Oh" was all Steve said, what else was he meant to say?

He knew the kid grew up in some place that didn't let him do anything but he was what?

Sixteen now and never learnt how to dress himself, that hit Steve like a ton of bricks.

"Well, you want me to get Nancy to help you? You're closer with her.. or we could call Jonathan to pick you up.. or I can help you?" Steve asks not really knowing where to go from there.

"Can.. can you help? It's um, dumb. But I need help or teach me how to do it myself, you know? I want to learn things that are easy for others" Mikah explains as Steve lets out a sigh.

"Well, I didn't think this was going to be my night but yeah, sure. Stand by the bed and I'll grab some clothes I think would fit you, Little One" Steve instructs as Mikah stands at the window.

"The view from up here is so nice" Mikah says softly as he looks out the window. "Yeah? You not been upstairs anywhere before?" Steve asks as he walks over to Mikah with clothes in his hands to see where Mikah's looking.

"No, never. The lab didn't let me adventure and Joyce doesn't have an upstairs. This is the first I've seen a view like this.. even though it's really dark outside" Mikah explains slipping up but doesn't take notice as he's too busy looking at the view.

"The lab? What- what do you mean?" Steve asks confused. "U-um.. where I grew up? I grew up in a place that um.. used me as an experiment.. so congrats, you're talking to the first and only werewolf in existence" Mikah says looking up at Steve who stares in shock but shakes his head.

"Yeah? Good one, Bud" Steve says as Nancy walks in the room. "Hey, Nancy" Mikah greets and Nancy looks between them weirdly.

"What's going on?" Nancy asks in confusion. "Steve's helping me get dressed, I never learnt to when I lived in Hawkins Lab" Mikah states making Nancy look at Steve who just shrugs and shakes his head.

"He says he can't, I offered to call Jonathan to pick him up or if you could help. He insisted on me, so here we are" Steve explained as Nancy took in the information.

"I'm still, really cold and wet here.. so, please can you help me?" Mikah asks looking at them both as they reluctantly help Mikah.

Steve works on the bottom half as Nancy works on the top half before Mikah is dressed in just boxers with a nervous look.

"Just stay still, okay? We're nearly done" Nancy says softly as she slid a top over Mikah's head and Steve finished doing Mikah's jeans up.

"I just feel dumb, you probably think I'm dumb too" Mikah complained with a sad look.

"Nah, Bud. It's fine. I've got you, you're in safe hands here" Steve reassures. "How about, you stay in one of my guest rooms tonight, yeah? Then you can be even more safe and get some rest" Steve offers in a more motherly tone that confuses Mikah but then gives in after a few seconds as he nods. "Thank you.. for helping" Mikah says nervously before leaving and heading to bed.

Nancy and Steve being unaware that due to Mikah's heightened senses, that he can hear everything they say or do.

Including them having sex in the next room, loudly.