13.

Y/N POV

~~~~~~~~

We're still stuck in Dreamtale. We don't want to risk alerting Shattered of where we are, and since we don't know if he can tell when someone teleports in or out of an AU, we're trapped. Slash is teaching me how to shoot, though I'm not very good at it. My hands shake too much, and because of that, I accidentally shot Nightmare's tentacle, which resulted me in my getting flung into a small river later in the day. Slash is still trying, but I don't think I'll ever be able to shoot with accuracy. Besides, killing isn't my thing. And every time I pick up the gun, I can just imagine Killer... 

On a brighter note, I've been teaching the others how to make almost any weapon out of anything you can think of. Sticks, rocks, even sand, if you do it right. I actually figured how to melt the sand by the creek into small shards of glass that I've turned into spearheads and daggers. It's a very long process of crouching by a fire and hovering so close to it that I could burn myself with the slightest twitch and sculpting it to be a spearhead or a blade is even harder, and they aren't very pretty, but Slash has tried them on prey, and it works pretty well. Not sure how well they'd cut through bone, though.

I think Nightmare's proud of me? Maybe? When he first caught me melting the sand, he looked at me like I was crazy, and when I told him what I was trying to do, he probably thought I'd lost my mind. But then I showed him the spearhead, and while all he did was give me a small nod of approval, I felt like he was proud. I just wish Killer could be here to see it. He'd be proud too, I think.

I've been making so many weapons for the others that it's become a routine. I wake up, grab a spear I made out of a thick branch I found in the forest, head down to the river, skewer a couple fish, bring them back, then cook them for the others. After breakfast, I start making weapons. The things I make out of wood or rock are a lot sturdier than the ones out of glass. The glass ones don't last very long, which means I need to keep making them. I think the daggers last a little longer than the spears, though. Luckily, there's a lot of sand and I have all the time in the world. It's a good distraction from thinking about Killer, too.

"Y/N."

I make a small humming noise in reply, not looking away from the fire. Nightmare walks up to me and sits beside me, picking up some sand in his palm and letting it run through the cracks of his fingers. He watches me as I pull the small pan away from the fire and quickly wrap the melted glass around a long stick. His eye socket narrows slightly as I start to form it in the shape of a spearhead.

"Cross wants you." He says, his gaze never leaving the stick.

"Tell him I'm busy." I reply quietly, focusing more on the glass than him now. I have to keep turning the stick so the glass doesn't get deformed, and since the air is cool, I have to put it back into the fire for a few moments to let it melt again.

"You can't keep doing this."

"Why not?" I pull the stick out and go back to shaping it. I make sure the tip is pointy, giving the spearhead some ridged edges as well.

"We need you to learn how to fight."

"I've told you." I stick it back into the fire. "I'm not a fighter. I'm crafty, I'm artistic, but I'm not a violent person." I pull it back out and finish it up, then just slowly turn it as it cools.

"I understand that, but we need strength if we're going to get Killer back. You want that, don't you?"

"I'd only get in the way." I say. After a few moments, I gently tap the glass spearhead. It's hot but it's solid, so I stick it in the water to let it cool.

"That's why we need you to learn." He says.

"Nightmare, I'm just not built for it." I set the spearhead down and give him a smile. "I'm not a good fighter, but I can be useful in other ways, right? I know how to heal, I know how to make weapons... Isn't that enough?"