Anything

Waiting by the door I thought of all that could go wrong. As an awkward person I decide to pre plan my conversations. "Hello?" I suddenly snap back out of my own mind and find a very attractive man standing in front of me.

He's probably a foot taller than me, he has piercing blue eyes, and is British? "Oh hi, is this government and politics?" I ask and move to the side to allow him to unlock the door. "Yes, someone's early" I laugh at his remark and walk in to see an auditorium style class room. I decide to pick a seat up front. The walls were bleak and the chairs were a gross red.

"So what's your name?" He says while putting down his briefcase "Dahlia, what's yours?" He looks up from what he's doing on the desk and responds "Callum, but you'll have to call me Mr.Turner" he laughs and continues fidgeting with papers on the desk. I sit there in a deafening silence while I watch him for a bit. "Why are you here so early? Class doesn't start for around fifteen more minutes"

"I just like being early you know. I hate being late" he shakes his head up and down looking like he agreed with what I just said. "That's a good trait to have. I'm kind of the same way. Although sometimes I lose track of time." I let out a little chuckle and he smiles. "Do you like that?" He points at my Matcha from Starbucks that I got myself as a treat for the first day of school.

"Yeah, matcha is one of my favorite drinks" I say now moving my cup in circles. Showing it off like it's a dog or something. "I love them too. They're very sweet" he says and I probably look a little shocked at his statement. No man I've ever met likes matcha or any type of tea or coffee. "Is it your favorite type of tea?" I ask him and he looks like he's thinking about this question for a little bit before responding "Yeah, it's probably my favorite. If not it's definitely in the top ten."

I smile at what he says. "Dahlia, why are you taking my class?" He asks me and I shrug my shoulders. It's not like I'm going into politics or anything. I just thought it'd be an easy class. "I don't really know. I thought it'd be interesting." He nods "It'll be interesting for sure. I find politics fascinating to say the least. Are you from Kansas?" I shake my head no.

"I'm from Oklahoma. Why?" I ask and he smiles a bit "I'm actually a congressman. I thought maybe you would've heard of me if you were a Kansan" he says and I shake my head no "So why do you teach?" I ask and he looks at me for a minute. "The school offered me money to teach plus it looks good. It looks as if I'm giving back to the community" I nod my head but I still don't really understand why he would want to teach.

Eventually people start flooding into the room. Callum just gives them a wave and says hi. He starts the class by introducing himself and going over rules and the syllabus. Sometimes he would catch me staring but would smile back at me. Soon the class was over and everybody left. "Goodbye, Mr.Turner" I said giving him a wave "Goodbye, Dahlia" he said giving me a nod.

I walked back to my dorm room which was empty because my roommate was out with her boyfriend. She was a nice girl but she was never around much, even in the five days I've known her. I plop down on my bed thinking of when I'll have my next class with Mr. Turner. Two days. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bummed. I had his class every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

I made myself some Ramen for dinner and went down to the community bathroom to shower. It was disgusting but I couldn't really complain because at least I can shower. I finish up and brush my teeth and hair before heading back to my dorm. My dorm mate didn't come back the whole night but I didn't care. I fell asleep quickly and thought about tomorrow's classes.

I woke up to the light blinding me from outside. I got ready without really any thought. I threw on a Tshirt and shorts because it's still summer and blistering hot. I went to my first class of the day which was boring as well as the second and third. I was walking back to my dorm when I turned a corner and bumped into the wall. Annoyed I let out a huff of frustration when I realized that I hadn't just bumped into a wall. "Dahlia?" I look up to see the face of none other than Mr.Turner.

"Mr.Turner, I'm so sorry" I say and he puts his hand on my shoulder "It's okay, you have nothing to be sorry for" He slides his hand off my shoulder "Okay well I better get going. I'll see you tomorrow?" He says and I give him a nod "Yup, I'll see you tomorrow" He smiles and walks away. I felt so embarrassed. Out of all the people I know it just had to be him. I continued my routine of eating ramen then going to sleep.

I woke up the next morning as all the previous mornings except I was excited for today. I was excited to see Callum. I know it's kinda wrong but I like him. I walk to his class making sure I was fifteen minutes early. I couldn't get to know him if other people were around. I waited for a good minute or two before I saw him round a corner.

He smiled at me and that's when I noticed two matchas in his hands. "Here's an apology. I'm sorry for yesterday. I felt kind of bad the more I thought about it" he said extending the matcha out to me. I almost forgot about yesterday. I took it making sure to brush his hand as I did. "Thank you but it's not your fault either. We both just took the turn at the same time. Unless you're stalking me?" I said jokingly and he unlocked the door chucking. Pushing it open for me.

I walked in and he continued "Yeah but you seemed annoyed and I didn't want to be a problem for you" I stood there for a second watching him walk to his desk because I wasn't annoyed at him. How could he even think that? I was annoyed at myself for walking into a "wall". "No you're fine. I was just mad at myself. I swear it's okay. You didn't have to bring me anything" I said holding up the drink.

"Please just take it. It'll make me feel better" he says and I continue to stare at him. He has beautiful blue eyes that don't match with his black hair. He also wears these suits that do wonders for him. "Okay as long as I can do something for you" I say and he looks at me for a second.

"Anything?" He says and I nod my head.