chapter two - part one

"Okay. Yeah." I smile at him.

And I'm not entirely sure what propels me to say yes.

It could be that I'm on my way to someone that I definitely should not be going to see. Like, I had to wait until Sarah went to bed so I could sneak out of the apartment.

This feels like a sign from the universe, like she's giving me one last chance to come to my senses before I retrogress back to dumb bitch mode.

It could also be that just last week, my roommates were telling me I need a change of pace. I've been stuck in the same boring routine for weeks and I've been losing my mind. Nothing exciting is happening in my life right now, and while that's fine, it's life, I'm extremely under-stimulated.

The most exhilarating thing that I've experienced recently is reading and finishing Iron Flame by Rebecca Yarros. That's the thing though, I finished the book. There's literally nothing more depressing than when you reach the end of a phantasmagorical book. You're left with the real world and the "now what" feeling, until you eventually find something else to read. I can't think of a better fantasy world for me to live in than agreeing to go to a party where literally nobody knows me, with this absurdly hot guy I just met ten minutes ago.

And that brings me to my final hypothesis. This man is F.I.N.E. fine. Like, otherworldly fine. He looks like he was molded by the world's greatest sculptor. His jawline is to die for, so sharp and chiseled that it could cut me like a knife. His cheeks literally look like he's had a buccal fat removal surgery, but you can tell he just...looks like this. He has a cute little button nose and swoon-worthy dimples when he smiles. His eyes are this lovely pastel green, staring into them makes me feel so equanimous. The way his hair is brushed back, yet falling onto the sides of his forehead, reminds me of James Dean. He is quite a beautiful man.

Not to mention, he's a virtuoso. I've always had a thing for guys who play instruments. They do things to me, they...titillate me. He plays like ten frickin instruments, and I'd get the chance to watch him play? I'm happy to be sat for the smoke show.