chapter two - part two

I'm drowning in the pools of his green irises and I don't think I can manage to come up for air

...I'm drowning in the pools of his green irises and I don't think I can manage to come up for air.

I think...I think I want this man. No. I think I need this man.

     Jay and I are in the middle of practically eye-banging each other when Vance clears his throat pointedly, and I'm reminded that he and Renee are literally right next to us

Whoops.

"So, uh," Vance starts, looking between Jay and I with a smirk on his lips. I glance over at Renee and she's looking right at me with a smug grin on her pursed lips, and a knowing look in her eyes. My face heats up and I look away immediately, setting my empty cup down. "We smoked half a jay before we got here, I'm thinking I wanna light up again. Y'all wanna join us?" Vance asks.

"Yeah, do you smoke weed Lulu?" Renee questions me. Honestly, I haven't been cross-faded since college. But, this seems like the perfect night to reacquaint myself with the feeling. What the hell!

"Yeah, occasionally. I can join!" I nod, looking back at Jay.

"Let's do it." he confirms with all of us. He looks down at the bar and closes in on me. "Can I help you down?" he rests his hands on the bar surface next to my thighs.

"Sure." I grin down at him. He grabs both of my wrists and places my hands on his shoulders, then wraps his hands around the sides of my ribcage and lifts me up effortlessly. Slowly, he lowers me back down to floor, and as my lips pass his on the way, I'm aching to kiss him like my life depends on it.

But now is not the time, his friends are right here.

As we let go of each other steadily, my hands unfortunately have minds of their own, sliding down his chest and stomach leisurely. I gulp hard as I feel the ridges underneath the fabric of his shirt.

He doesn't quite have a buff build, so discovering that he has abs flashes an image of him shirtless in my head, and now I'm reeling.

He clenches his jaw, drops his hands from my sides, and my entire body reacts in disappointment, wanting him to explore any and everywhere else. In this short time, his touch has become an aggressive craving of mine.