Unrelenting Addiction

Warning ⚠️: seizures, if you are sensitive to this topic, please skip this chapter

Kiana arrived at Shickzal HQ, but the air seemed to be at a standstill around her. It felt stuffy and hot all at the same time. It always felt this way when she saw Mei, the desolate atmosphere in the room each time she went to adjust her IVs. Although this time was different, she noticed a familiar honkai infection around the same spot as the time when Kirye bit her.

She remembered that simple and blunt comment Veliona made back then about an infection, but she always called her bluff since it had been 9 months since then, and Mei showed no signs of honkai infection.

Kiana frantically searched through books she had placed neatly on a shelf. Behind her, it had all kinds of information about disease, infection, and the like. It didn't look anything like what she had in Nagazora.

It was a purplish blue color, and oozing a blue like liquid, Kiana began to panic as tears rolled down her face.

She rummaged through every book she could find on disease, but this one was never recorded. There was even a page torn out in the book that she assumed had the answers to her rare predicament. She could find nothing, but she had no time to stall when Mei began convulsing on the bed behind her. This was an occasional thing ever since she brought her here, and the doctors took rounds monitoring her, but this time, it was more violent. She did everything in her power to keep her still on her side until it stopped.

It had been 30 minutes, and Mei finally stopped convulsing. Kiana got her stable enough, and when she did, she rushed to find a doctor. Nurse Redwood was on standby and saw her rushing over. "Please help me! There's something wrong with Mei!" She yelled. The tears stained the once perfect image she built of being'completely fine.' Nurse Redwood followed her with haste back to Mei's room and saw Mei convulsing again with drool coming down her mouth.

Kiana helped put Mei back on her side and held her down. " i just left her for a second she was stable!" Kiana yelled." That one second you left her was crucial child, Why wasn't anyone monotoring her?!" The nurse asked frantically."she was supposed to be on a 24-hour watch. i only left to get some fresh air!" Kiana responded, running her hands through her hair in panic.

They finally got Mei to stop shaking after 35 minutes, and she hadn't had any more seizures for 10 minutes. Her heart rate was normal, and the strage liquid had been placed in a vial for testing.

In the meantime, she called the number Veliona gave her without thinking of the consequences..

A/N

This chapter is gonna be especially short cause i got school tomorrow, im working through my hours to pump out more chapters for yall to make up for lost time so bear with me if there are some mistakes.