A day out

Kiana awoke to the sound of her alarm and the sun beaming at her face. She lazily raised her arm to quiet the thing. She realized she was still in uniform and smelled horrible

"Damn, was i that tired?" getting up and moving the hair out her face, she stripped off her uniform and threw it in the hamper, grabbing her towel and getting in the shower she began to think about Mei. Her tired mind traversed in her thoughts. Had she really hurt Mei that badly? Did she go that far out of control? She yearned for Mei to feel her affection, to taste her delicious food, to feel her touch, to hear her scold her again for eating late.

She let the soap run down her thighs and arms as tears welled up in her eyes, and for the first time since Mei's hospitalization, she cried. She cried so hard she forgot to breathe. The entire time, she was strong for Mei, but now that she was getting better, Kiana couldn't hold it in anymore. The constant nightmares, the images of Mei's unconscious face, the fear, and the lonliness all weighed down on her like a truck.

She felt like she was being stabbed in the heart over and over, and it wouldn't stop. First, Kirye, then Mei. She was just a ticking timebomb waiting to explode. She was going to find the man who caused all of this and make him bleed.

Kianas sobs became louder, scratching at her leg in anger. All she could see was red as the soap stung her newly formed wound among the various other self-inflicted cuts in fits of anxiety, she now sat on the tub floor on her knees being unable to breathe, the scratching being the only thing tying her to reality.

Until she heard a knock on the door. "Um, hey, it's me. Seele, can i come in?" Snapping her out of her trance, she looked at the wound she had created. It stung way worse as the adrenaline started to fade.

"Shit...I've gone and done it again," she whispered to herself, "Just a minute!" Kiana called out, stopping the shower, drying herself, and wrapping a bandage around the wound. Kiana found herself not caring too much about injuries anymore like she used to. She put on a tank top and some shorts and did her best to walk to the door.

Opening the door, she saw Seelie all by herself, fiddling with her fingers. " What's up?" Kiana asked, seelie noticed the bandage and the fresh blood beginning to come through the bandage. Biting her lip, she looked up at Kiana. " im really worried about you, we all are and I was thinking you needed a day out before you go see Theresa" Seelie looked like it took her a lot of courage to come here so Kiana smiled at the gesture.

" just wait here I'll be out in a minute" Seelie never mentioned the state of Kiana's apartment or the empty pill bottle, bloody sewing needles, and cigarettes she saw laying around, it just gave her more fuel to get Kiana out the house and out into the fresh air.

Once Kiana came back out, she seemed a bit tense. She wore baggy jeans, a tank top, and a loose jean jacket, not even bothering to put her hair in braids, letting it flow down her back. Kiana smiled, and Seelie led her down the stairs. "So um, where do you wanna go first?" Kiana asked." There's a beach on the other side of town!The water is beautiful there!" Seelie said excitedly, grabbing Kianas' hand and leading her down the stairs.

Once at their destination, Kiana had all the time in the world to take in the sheer beauty of the place before her. " i knew if i didn't get you out, you would never have left that room," Seelie said, looking away from Kiana. "What do you mean?"Kiana questioned." Nothing. " Seelie responded"lets go play!" Seelie didn't give Kiana the chance to speak before grabing her hand and leading her towards the water.

Hours had passed by, and the two laughed as they laid on the sand, making little sand angels"thanks for taking me out today." Kiana smiled, sipping her lemonade." You're welcome. Please feel free to rely on me and everyone else if you need anything, you arent alone in this." Seelie got no response, and Kiana's smile dropped"whats wrong?" Seelie asked." Nothing, trust me." Kiana looked up at the waves, wishing she could drown her neverending thoughts in them.

Seelie scooted over to Kiana and put her knees to her chest, gazing at the rising and falling waves" you know, ever since bryona saved me from that hell in the Sea of Quanta ive never been the same" Kiana looked at her in confusion" yeah its true, im really a sad sack who wants to stay in all the time but i know that i wont be contributing to anything by bottling it all up and going right back to that box i used to cower in way back then"Seelie smiled weakly.

" I know there will be a time where nobody needs me anymore, but to me, that's fine, enjoying the time i have here with bryona and my friends has made me the happiest person on earth. I know Veli has different ideals, and she's entirely different from me, but to me, she's my sister, and i will never abandon her just as she never abandoned me" for Kiana, that struck a nerve and she felt the tears form again.

Kiana burried her head in her knees as silent tears flowed down her cheeks. " i just can't take it. I'm exhausted and drained, and Mei is like this because of me. " Kiana said everything with hesitation as she wanted to stop herself but couldn't." I killed my ex fiancee, i nearly killed Mei, I couldn't do anything when i shot her, i couldn't do anything to help Mei's condition now im stuck taking anxiety meds and smoking to take the edge off"

Kiana cried harder into Seelies arms, and Seelie did everything to comfort her.

While walking home, they both huged and parted ways, Kiana entered her apartment, feeling much more refreshed this time, and the burden she carried felt just a little lighter..

A/N- i know i spelled her name wrong, but im exhausted from finals, so I'll fix it later