WITH FAMILY

"Where are you?"

Young boy Kai heard his father searching for him all over the  first floor.He was hiding behind the wardrobe sweating, as he knew his father could find him anytime.

Kai is a young boy,noticeably shorter than other boys his age,his black eyes twinkling above a charming gap between his front teeth, had black hair,unruly and thick. He is shy, always nervous,never talks to people other than his parents, He had no friends, as he doesn't even speak with them.

"I know where you are,Kai. I am going to win this time", his father shouted looking for him under the bed."

Kai knew that his father would next approach wardrobe.As imagined,he came near wardrobe when his mother shouted.

"LUNCH'S READY"

Both didn't pay attention and continued to play the game. He opened the wardrobe and saw little Kai hiding behind dresses.

"Here you are.",Akira smiled at his boy with a relief on his face as he had lost to his son 8 times on the same day.

"I hid in a easy sp.." before Kai could complete his sentence his mother shouted again.

"Both of you immediately come to dining table".She made a special dish for them today as they were going to a special place today.

On their way to the dining area, Kai thought why he didn't hide behind the door as his dad failed to search there. He looked at his father having a smiling face.

Both of them rushed to dining table before she could shout again.

Akira Yoshida , of Reika village,a tall man, his black hair, though not tightly curled, framed his face with a touch of unruliness.His blue eyes seemed to miss nothing,always surveying his surroundings with a cautious haxe.He had a small scar on his right wrist, which he said he had from his childhood.
He owned a two floor house,worked in a tax collecting centre, with the name, Daikuchi centre. As said, his work is to collect taxes from people, living in Reika street, you could never find him in a quarrel.

Haruko, wife of Akira,not very tall, with a gentle demeanour which completes her profession as a teacher.Her black eyes were warm and inviting, reflecting her compassionate nature. She carries herself with grace and complements her husband very well.

"Here both of you, get your chicken soup and drink before it gets cold."

They both started to eat the chicken piece. Kai didn't know they were going outside.

"Are you ready,Kai? Today we are going to meet a special person.",his mother told him

"Who's that?",he asked with curiosity in his voice

"I will tell you about that.My friend Taiko is returning to our village after a long time.Today we are going to meet him and his family",his father added.

"Long time.. How much time is that?" ,Kai asked while spilling a very fine amount of soup on his table"

"Be careful.Don't waste your food",his mother snapped.

Kai apologised her and then turned to his father to question about the special person.

"He was gone for about 12 years."his father stated.

"12 years ... Oh that's before even I was born. What was he doing all these days?"

Haruko also sat in the dining table to drink her soup. She also doesn't know much about Taiko other than he is Akira' friend and he isn't in the town for a long time.

"Oh he was in the king's army serving under Zhang Wei".

Haruko immediately after hearing the name,she decided to change the topic .Akira also caught that and then he turned to Kai and said, "He also has a son.You could be best friends with him."

"Oh what is his name", Kai asked as he finished his soup.Akira stood up and added,"His name is Ten" and then went to wash the dishes.

"When are we going?", Kai asked with a large bright smile on his face.In the evening father said.

"Now you go play outside,Kai.Your father and I need to discuss about something.", Haruko stated."What is it about?",Kai asked.

"Just about preparations going to Taiko's house as there is going to be a party there".

Then Kai left and went to their garden.He tried to eavesdrop and he kept his ear on the door.But accidentally he spilled his water on floor .Haruko heard the sound and came out of the door.She saw Kai standing there with his waterpot.

"What are you doing here?", she asked calmly

"Well I was going to water plants. But water spilled.",Kai said seeing his father standing tensed through the door.

"It's okay, I will clean it. Now carry on your garden work."

Then she sent him outside and closed the door and locked it from inside. Kai began to water the plants

First he poured water on the soil where mint plant is grown.There was a good breeze of wind and he stood there without moving a bit for a minute.

Then he poured water on base of rosemary plant.They are planted about 1 month ago.They have just came out of the soil

After two hours,they all are ready and Haruko decided to present a gift to Yumi,Taiko's wife.Akira was really eager to meet his old friend. Even though Kai doesn't speak much to strangers,he was really interested to go to this party

  They decided to call a horse cart to drop them at Taiko's house.

Reika region, not a big street, both in size and development, people live a simple life, having arguments here and there. People mostly do agriculture here,being a reason why you can see green colour everywhere. It's fertile soil is the main reason for their high yield. It's  town square,was a hustling hub for activity, filled with quaint shops and cafes with colourful awnings

Usually it is difficult to find a horse cart in Reika street.It was same this day. So they decided to go to Mizukawa street where it is easy to find horse cart than Reika street which is a 10 minute walk from their house.

On the way there Kai again out of curiosity asked,"Can you say about your friend,dad?"

"About my friend? Okay then. I and Taiko both grew in neighbourhoods.We used to play together with some other friends.When we were 12,he decided to join army.", Akira said when Kai intervened

"At 12, can someone join army that young?",Kai said thinking in his mind about the experiences Taiko must have had.

"Yes people can go for selection when they become 12. But very few get selected".

When they talk all about this, they came to Mizukawa street.They found a horse cart standing lonely near a tavern without it's horseman anywhere near it.It was a grey coloured horse with bright eyes wagging its tail.

"Where is horseman for this horse.", Haruko said rotating her head in all directions looking for him as they were getting late to the party

A bald old man came near them asking,"Hey. Want a ride?".He had brown eyes,a short round face with a round beard that did not look good on his face

"Is this your carriage?",Akira inquired. The bald man nodded and added,"Where are you going,sir?

"We are going to homecoming party near Haruno lake", Akira replied.

"Are you going to see Taiko Nakamura,the one who defeated the Senuas.",horseman's face suddenly brightened.

Akira asked,"Yes.How much do you want?"

"We can start the ride for 75 mano." Before Akira could start Haruko intervened and said,"We can do only 60".

The horseman accepted and loaded their luggage onto the cart