THE UNSEEN THREAT

Taiko and Ren sat across from each other in the dining table.Kai was seated next to Ten.And to their left were Akira and Souta.Yumi was getting ready to serve the dishes.She asked Haruko to help.

Ten exclaimed," Today was a good today and it is going to end with a very good dinner."

They all chuckled. Ten then turned to Akira and asked," Uncle Akira, did my father study well during his childhood? He said that he used to top the classes."

Akira glared at Taiko. "He joined army to escape from his classes." , he murmured so that no one else could hear. Ten,then immediately asked the same question.

"Yeah he was the topper of our class."

Yumi started to serve the Donburi all over the dining table.Haruko poured water for them. After finished pouring, she arranged bowls for chicken soup.

"You all don't need to go to your houses today as it has already crossed 8 'o' clock. You can stay here.", Taiko stated.

"Yes. All the men can stay in Taiko's room. I, Haruko and the children will stay in another room.", Yumi added

Haruko thought this as a very good idea as she was really tired. Kai was excited hearing the decision as he gets to spend more time with Ten.

Eating his Donburi, Souta asked Akira," Does your boy know?" in a low tone so that only Akira could hear. Akira replied, "No." Even though Kai and Ten noticed, they didn't pay much attention to it.

Haruko sat in the dining table. Yumi started to serve the chicken soup.

"Hey Haruko. Akira told me that you were having some headaches pretty often recently.", Ren inquired

"Oh it's just normal. I am in mediation. I will be alright in few days."

"Hey Souta, Do you remember that one time when you had a stomach upset and you thought you are going to die?", Ren asked with a huge smile on his face.

Both the children laughed.Taiko and Akira remembered that incident.

"Oh I was in a pain.That's why I reacted like that."

Taiko was immediately reminded of something and he turned to Akira glaring at him

Akira also noticed and said, "It's in the gift box I gave to you. It's wrapped in a red origami paper"

Haruko then said," I have a present for you, Yumi.I thought it would be nice if I present it here."

Then they all started to eat without having much talks. After some time, someone knocked at their door.

When Ten decided to go open the door, his mother Yumi stopped him

"You continue eating. I will go open the door" and then she proceeded to go to the hall.

"When will you get married, Souta?", Taiko asked

"Just waiting for the right person. Maybe soon."

"When are you going back, Taiko?", Akira asked.

"Day after tomorrow.They provided me 2 days.Now Ryota Fujimota is commander of Raijin brigade as I am here."

Kai asked," Uncle , Have you ever seen the king?"

"I have once seen him in the royal court but I had no chance to speak with him", Taiko replied.

As Taiko finished drinking his soup, he stood up

"Where is mom", Ten asked.

"Yeah. Where is she? She went about five about five minutes ago.I will go see her."

As Ten also finished his dinner, he decided to go with Taiko.When they entered the hall,it all looked normal until they saw Yumi lying dead on the floor. Her throat was slit. Taiko stood there like a statue not knowing how to react. Ten screamed very loudly that everyone in the house could hear.

There was blood near her head.There were tears in her eyes and her hands tried to reach on to something.Tears coming out of Taiko's eyes,he noticed black slimy like thing near her legs.

Everyone came to the spot.They first saw Ten's screaming.Haruko went and stood near him.Then they saw Yumi being dead. Kai started to panic seeing Yumi and her blood.

"Who ... What... What happend to her?", Haruko stammered.

They all gathered around Yumi's body.

"Who did this to her?", Ren gasped.

"How could something like this now?", Taiko started to question himself. He tried to control his tears, but he couldn't. But soon he started to think there may be someone out there to kill them, deciding to go out and see if anyone's there.

It was completely dark. He could sense nobody. Akira and Ren decided to go with Taiko.

"Souta, you look out for enemies through backdoor. If you see anyone,just shout and you Haruko, take the children and hide in a safe place.",Akira instructed.

Taiko went to his garden as there was a noise coming from there there was nobody. Hearing a squeaky noise from the roof, he turned around.

Moon glowing white,casts it's light upon a figure draped entirely in black, with a scarf wrapped around their face, staring intently.

He wielded a massive sword,it's blade pulsating with black, ominous energy.He jumped off the roof at him striking the sword.

But Taiko blocked that. Both Akira and Ren came there. They could do nothing but watch.

Haruko took the children and went to Taiko's bedroom. She and the children hid in between the dresses in a wardrobe.

"Who the hell are you?"

Anger flaring in his eyes, Taiko sets his sword ablaze with fire. He identified that  black scarf guy must be the killer as there was some black energy resonating from enemy's sword, same as black slimy thing that was near Yumi's body.

As there was a huge wall made of rock,Souta thought no one could come through the back door but he didn't lose his focus.

There was no reply or any sort of emotion from him that made Taiko even more angry. Taiko swung his sword around that man's neck but he somehow escaped.

Dresses,in the wardrobe started to get wet.Haruko tried to console but Ten couldn't stop crying.

Man wearing black scarf, he nicked Taiko with his sword in his right arm.That wound burned his arm.

As a suprise to Souta, they were two figures wearing black scarf around their,faces covering entire body with black dress jumping up the wall and matching towards back door.