•22 Nico's thoughts•

I should've put this in the last chapter but I forgot to. I'll add it later.

I do not own Percy Jackson or any of the characters or anything mentioned in these next few chapters! All original rights go to Rick Riordan! All references in these chapters are from House of Hades! I do not own any of the descriptions of Tartarus!

Thanks Rick Riordan for creating the Percy Jackson series! :)
Anyway,

Previously:
I nod. "I hope we don't get to that point, but yes we can drink it if we need to."
She shudders. "Yeah let's avoid it if we can."

Third person

We continue walking what feels like for hours before we  saw a river, even from distance we could feel the heat. It was a darker version of the Grand Canyon, A river of fire cutting a path through jagged obsidian crevasde, the glowing red current casting horrible shadows across the cliff.

"That looks terrifying." Alana mutters.

Nico nods as he peers over the side. It's about an eighty foot drop.

"I'll guess we'll have to climb again." He grumbles

Alana huffs. "I thought we were done with the climbing."

Nico sighs as he looks around. " We can stay up here, for now of you want to."

She hesitates. "Let's climb down now while we're... Somewhat safe."

Nico nods and continues to examine the cliff. "Let's try there." He points. "We might be able to climb down."

She nods and carefully begins climbing down.

Compared to their climb down into Tartarus this climb seems short and it doesn't take all that long for them to reach the bottom.

"Wow it's hot." Alana grumbles

Nico nods. "I guess we'll just go downstream."

Alana nods. "Why exactly? Did I ask that already?"

Nico shakes his head. "No you didn't, and this river comes from the upper levels of the underworld, so as it flows deeper into Tartarus, it leads to." He glances at Alana. "Where the Doors probably are."

She nods. They walk downstream, waves if heat washing over them. They carefully keep an eye on their surroundings trying to avoid as many fights as possible.

Alana's POV

We walk for what seems like hours occasionally taking breaks and stitting down at one point in time I saw something that looked like a blister and every once in a while the bubble would swell and burst as a monster crawls out, it was disgusting, like a pimple but grosser. All the monsters seemed to be headed in the same direction as Nico and I was.

"Nico." I tug gently on his sleeve.

"Yeah?" He stops and looks at me.

"Have you noticed how the monsters are headed in the same direction?" I look up at him.

He nodded. "I've noticed, but that makes this more risky for us." He sighs softly.

I nod and bite my lip. "So what do we do?"

Nico seems fixated on my lips. "We try to avoid them." He says clearing his throat