03

- [Group Project Partner Betrayal (GPPB)] -

Y/n hurriedly sat down at her desk, breathing out a sigh of relief as she had made it just before the bell would ring. Her sister smiled at her antics.

She sighed and averted her gaze from the chalkboard while the teacher explained some sort of group project, naturally, her eyes went to Lumine, then to Aether, and finally, Scaramouche. Maybe because the indigo-hair boy was her rival, and they made 74 new ways to kill each other everyday without getting sleep for the past few days.

Right now, Y/n was thinking of just those ways, the 296 they'd made, to be exact.

'So, partner up, the due date is in three weeks, that is all.' The teacher left the classroom as the bell rang.

'What? Due date? Group? Partner?' Y/n finally came out of her train of thought, her eyes averted to Lumine's desk, however, she was already asked by her brother, and she nodded with a slight smile on her face.

'What about...' Her gaze averted to her sister's desk, however, she wasn't there anymore.

Y/n panicked a little, Miko and her did all their group projects together, and if there wasn't Miko in her group project, then she couldn't rely on anyone to display a great presentation, not to mention her friends had already paired up with other people.

'Ei, is it possible that I partner up with you, just this once?' A familiar voice spoke from behind, perking the kitsune's ears. Y/n turned slowly as her eye twitched, to find her sister talking with her violet-haired classmate.

'Oh, sure.' Ei replied, but she raised an eyebrow, 'But you always partner up with your sister.'

'About that...' Miko glanced at her sister, an evil smile on her lips, making Y/n feel like she was going to get killed by whatever her sister would say next.

The kitsune felt like even being frozen alive would have been more merciful by Miko's next words:

'She wanted to partner up with Scaramouche, however, she's afraid that talking to him about it might cause an argument between them. So talk to him about it, will you?'

'I will do that, no worries.' Ei smiled.

'No no no no, this can't be happening, I won't partner up with that- that thing! He's not going to do anything, he might even take all the credit for himself, while I was the one who did all the hard work! Not to mention I don't even know what the project is about. What if it ends up being a failure? What if I don't get marks at all? What if he annoys me to the point I can't focus on my other works and I end up losing to him?'

These thoughts all passed through her mind in a few seconds, she sweatdropped, biting her lip, her teeth pierced through the skin, letting in a metallic taste.

She turned her gaze slowly to the indigo-boy. Who sat alone, his hat covered his expression, but the kitsune could tell he was annoyed that no one dared to partner up with him. However, after hearing Ei's words, his eyes slowly traveled to meet up with Y/n's.

He let out a grunt that sounded like a "Tch.", though Y/n couldn't exactly tell what he did.

She groaned, letting her head rest on the desk, supported by her arms.