08

- [A Confession Through Gifts] -

The two fox sisters walked around the small shopping mall which had recently opened, according to Miko, the things there were to die for, in fact, she had already laid her eyes on several items of her liking.

As they walked past hundreds of stalls (Most of them being Miko dragging her younger sister) one little thing caught Y/n's eye.

'What's that?' She stopped in front of a stall and pointed her hand down at a small earring, the seller smiled as she did.

'Very good choice, Madam.' He lifted one of the earrings, it was lined with small, transparent circular beads, and at the end was a purple tulip, dangling in the palm of his hand.

'These earrings are meant for someone you love, when you give it to them, it means that you are presenting your loyalty; that you won't let go of them, ever.'

'Hm, sounds fitting for someone that you know, does it not, Y/n?' Miko tapped her shoulder with a sly smile, it made her younger sister blush, she blushed at the mere thought of him.

'We'll take it.' She spoke up for her sister, who could barely muster up a word. She took the earrings with the exchange of a small sum of money, then practically dragged her sister back home.

'You took me there on purpose didn't you...?' Y/n muttered as she stared at the piece of jewellery in her palm.

'Of course I did, that was phase 1, now we move on to phase 2.'

'But what if-'

'What if he doesn't feel the same way? Then it's his loss.' Miko took her little sister's hand in hers, the warm fingers holding onto her tightly.

'I don't see why anyone wouldn't like my baby sister, you're just so adorable!' Her eyes sparkled, 'And I'm sure that he feels the same way. I've been crossing my fingers about this ever since I paired you two up, you know~.'

'What...?' Y/n said in a dangerous tone.

'Now's not the time for that.'
'Miko...'

'Oh, would you look at that.' The pink-kitsune glanced towards the clock, 'It's almost time for you to meet up in the library. Phase 2 begins now.'

When she wouldn't move from the bed, Miko added: 'I'll tell you everything once you come back, I promise.' And finally, her sister jumped up and got ready.

---

She stared at the door to the library, clutching the piece of jewellery tightly in her palm, tight enough to cause little crescent dents within it.

She pushed open the door, and Scaramouche sat at the cubicle farthest from the door, staring at the glass that gave view to the outside world, when he noticed the kitsune enter, he turned his gaze to her momentarily.

'Got here first, you owe me something.' He said, a smile creeping onto his face as she walked over and sat down next to him.

'Poor, poor baby.' She taunted, 'Do you need another hug?'

'Says you. You slept with me.'
'Oh, come on...!' She growled.

'Let's just start working already. I've already finished the base of the presentation, just tell me what to write.' He opened up his computer, which Y/n didn't even notice.