12

Uhh. My head is pounding. Tyler hadn't given me a chance to even get dressed this evening before telling me what he had found out. New York hadn't been on the top of my list of places to visit, but necassary to figure out this mystery.

We've only been here a week, and Abigael was keeping a low profile. So, as much as I wanted to hurry this along and solve this issue, it didn't look like it was getting resolved any time soon. And to top that off, Soja was acting really weird. We hadn't had any more encounters like we had back at the family house, but he was very focused on what the problem was on hand. Not really an issue, but it seemed like he was trying too hard to ignore our connection.

I can't blame him. We were too busy focusing on our own wants while she was getting away. And there's been a few bodies already that we could have prevented if we had been here sooner. But focusing on the what if's is getting us no where. All we can do now is focusing on the problem and finding the solution.

"Purity." I shook my head, leaving the haze I was just in as Soja spoke my name. "Purity? Do you understand what we're doing tonight? The mission at hand?"

"Uhh... Could you repeat that?" I felt my cheeks heat up. If I still had blood pumping through my veins, my face would surely be as red as a cherry. What was this? Embarassment? Weird, not an emotion that I've felt in a really long time. Definitely not something I've felt since I was alive.

Soja sighed, "We've got a lead on the next victim. We're going to go and case him out to see how we can prevent Abigael's next attack."

"Who's the guy?" I asked.

"French transfer student by the name Adrien Aubert. We're going to be putting our French skills to use. He does speak English, but for the sake of keeping certain things private in public interactions." Soja turned his attention to the notes on the counter-top. Tyler stared at us both. The look of confusion from Soja and I's interaction evident on his face. 

"Do you have anything to add, Tyler?" I asked with just the slightest hint of annoyance.

"Nope, just wondering when we're going to move here. I love this loft. Why don't we move here after everything is said and done?"

"No." The thought of moving here made me want to vomit. "It smells like shit. Beside's, I already have a couple other villas in Paris and Japan. Not to mention, we already have that apartment in NC," I said, reminding him of the office space we had. If Tyler really liked New York, he was coming here by himself. 

"Oh? You have a place in Japan? So you speak Japanese? I mean- I know you do. I've seen your file. French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese. Really impressive resume. And your native tongue is English." Soja rambled, but I could have sworn I had seen a little nervouse smile. It caught me off gaurd. I swiftly moved my eyes away from his cute half moon eyes. 

"So, we should get going if we're going to get anything done with mission." I really had to do something to get me out of this situation. What is wrong with me?!

Soja nodded as we headed toward the door.