-6- Gifty's Getting Attached

Unfortunately, the rain didn't think of stopping soon and that bastard wasn't also thinking- his family was outside and he wouldn't spare of minute to see if they're save.
In the apartment, I presumed everyone had the same room size but wrong was I, when I thought the crowdy appearance was everywhere. Mark was so organized that it looked as though he had little things in the room, compared to ours.
Well there are occasions I've tried organizing the bulky things - Nate's stuff, but before I know, the owner makes everything higgledy-piggledy. I gave up at last.
7:00pm, I sat at the table, looking at how Gifty was bonding with Mark. He had known her for a few hours but they communicated as though they were old friends.

"That's an aeroplane" he pointed to a picture in a book before them.

"Aeroplayyy"Gifty imitated in her baby voice.

"Good girl" he smiled

Mark had a beautiful smile, a sincere one. I took a moment to examine him and that's when I saw he was a nice looking gentleman. I must've missed that part due to all the anger and stuffs.
8:00pm, I began to doze off. My eyelids felt heavy and fighting sleep was uneasy. It was as though I was under a spell, an unbreakable sleep spell. I closed one eye and opened the other - to sleep partly, like a dolphin. But who was I kidding, ha! When sleep wanted to take control, it does with no permission.
Unknowingly, Mark was watching and was consistently chuckling. When I noticed him watching, after escaping another attempt to sleep, I became angry - I don't even know why, maybe because I was embarrassed.

"You can take nap in the bedroom, until the rain stops" he quickly said

"I'm not sleepy" I lied

"Are you sure? You look..."

"I said, I'm not sleepy, huh?"

"Okay..." he shrugged, "just don't give dozing off "

"What did you say?" I squinted

"Nothing"

He resumed to soothing Gifty's back as she laid asleep on his laps.
I planned on never speaking to him again. I despised him - still don't know why.

__________________________

The irritating beeping sound disturbed my beauty sleep, on the softest bed I've slept on so far.

"Someone turn that thing off" I murmured in my sleep

The sound suddenly stops

"Anything for you my lady" a voice answered.

I tried lifting my eyelids and blur as it was, I could see a male figure standing beside the bed. Probably Nate.

"Aw Nate my love, Come kiss me" I pouted

"Nate?" The voice said

"Come come, come baby" I insisted, now with my eyes closed.

Then I heard camera flashes. What was...

"Holy Christ!"

I jumped out of the bed when I opened my eyes to see Mark taking pictures of me.

"But..but.. where's Nate" I questioned.

"Nate? Who is Nate?" He asked

"But..but he was here"

"There has been no one here, except me" he admitted

"Lies, lies" I said, but then I quickly remembered the day before and I didn't recall going back to Nate, so that means...

"You made me sleep here!" I shouted