Clay

Clay woke up in the morning, and hunger consumed him. His 12 older siblings had stayed up all night, so Clay couldn't get his secret midnight snack. That snack was the thing that kept him going. Food on his mind, Clay quickly wore some Cargo shorts and a brown and loose sweater. Clay preferred comfort over style. 

He ran down the stairs, and greeted his siblings, while gobbling down four pieces of toast.

Clay had grown up with his siblings, as his parents had left them at a young age. Their older sibling, acted as a parent and took care of everyone.

Clay, still starving, took a stack of pancakes and finished them off in  one breath. The doorbell rang and clay eagerly opened it. They didn't have visitors often. Clays face clouded with surprise and then excitement, as he saw Peril standing in the Doorway. "Food?", Clay mumbled his mout stuffed. Uhh....uhhh-ya- CherryBerryStrawberyy.... Stuttered Peril nervously. An awkward silence lingered, but then both of them erupted into laughter. "Come in. I was just eating breakfast". Said clay. Peril walked in. She apologised as she knocked down a few glass plates and they shattered. "Sorry- So soryyy... I-I didn't mean I-it.  Clay was used to this, and told her to shake it off (I'm just gonna shake shake shake, I shake it off. Swifties will understand) "we should leave, so that we can stop at the breakfast place", said Clay, his mouth watering. Peril smiled and they left.

Reaching the cafe, Clay ordered five mega cheese sandwiches. When they came, Clay generously shared it with Peril. Peril was the only one person that he shared food with. There was not much talking. Everytime they made eye contact, they would giggle nervously and then blush. Clay liked it this way.

They left for school, clutching each others hand tightly. The silence was beautiful . Clays stomach grumbled loudly.