CHAPTER 9

SARADA'S POV

As Boruto and I returned home from our memorable vacation at the resort, a palpable tension hung in the air, casting a shadow over our once easy camaraderie. That night, when we found ourselves vulnerable and exposed in each other's presence for the first time, it left an indelible mark on our relationship. Since then, our old routine had returned, with separate rooms and a careful distance maintained between us.

Breakfast together had once been a cherished ritual, but now, even that simple act of sharing a meal seemed like a distant memory. Boruto's absence at the breakfast table became a painful reminder of the awkwardness that enveloped us, as he left the house before I even had a chance to greet him, and returned late into the night after I had already retired to my own room.

This pattern persisted for a week, until one  evening when Boruto returned home much later than usual, his black attire stained with blood, a look of pain etched on his face. My heart clenched with worry as I observed the hole in his left shoulder, blood trickling down his arm in a stark reminder of the dangers he faced on his assassination missions.

"Don't panic I'm fine"

As he closed the door behind him, he reassured me not to panic, his voice a soothing balm amidst the chaos. With trembling hands, I followed him to his room, my mind racing with apprehension.

"Sarada, I'm sorry to bring this mess home," Boruto murmured, his voice strained with pain as he gingerly removed his blood-soaked clothes.

"Don't apologize, Boruto. Let me help you," I replied softly, my heart aching at the sight of him in such agony.

As I tended to his wounds, the gravity of the situation weighed heavily upon me, each drop of blood a silent testament to the sacrifice he made protecting things, protecting me as he said before.

Despite my protests, Boruto insisted on removing the bullet himself, his determination unwavering even in the face of pain.

"Boruto, this is madness! We need to call a doctor," I pleaded, my hands shaking as I tried to steady myself.

"I can handle this, Sarada. Trust me, I'll remove the bullet myself" he replied, his voice firm with resolve.

With my little help, he deftly extracted the bullet, his steady hand guiding the delicate procedure. I watched in awe as he displayed a resilience and strength that left me in awe.

"Boruto why are--" I started in a demand of answers to everything but he cut me off, "sorry Sara, let's talk about it later"

I was super disappointed knowing he had denied to answer, in the past I would have yelled at him for not telling me and he would have brushed it off saying we aren't a real couple or something blah blah ,"Fine" I replied. "I'll bring you some food"

Once the ordeal was over, I urged him to eat, my hands trembling as I carefully fed him dinner.

"Look at you feeding me again without poisoning me" he had a faint smile on his lips.

"Stop talking jerk....eat and go to bed. I need answers Tomorrow." I shut his mouth spoon feeding him.

Exhausted from his ordeal, Boruto soon drifted off to sleep, his features softened in the glow of moonlight filtering through the window. I stayed by his side throughout the night, my heart heavy with worry and gratitude for his safety.

The next morning, I awoke to find Boruto's side of the bed empty, a pang of disappointment coursing through me. But then, I heard the sound of running water from the bathroom, and I knew he was there.

"Boruto, are you okay in there?" I called out, my voice laced with concern.

There was no response, only the sound of water splashing against the tiles.