𝔁𝓿.

. . . . . ╰──╮✰ ✰ ✰ ╭──╯ . . . . .

‎‧₊˚✧ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ✧˚₊‧

‎‧₊˚✧ʀᴇᴅ-ʜᴀɴᴅᴇᴅ✧˚₊‧

______

"Sometimes My Mind Feels Like

A Junk Drawer

Of Forgotten Memories

And Useless Information."

______

Angie was making a pot of coffee at the sheriff's station when Emma brought David in. She had dropped Henry off at Regina's before coming back. It was time to solve a mystery. Someone was lying, and they were going to find out who.

Angie poured equal amounts of coffee into three mugs and handed David one as he and Emma sat down.

"Thank you," David gratefully said to Angie. "I hope Kathryn's somewhere warm, not out in the cold."

Angie pursed her lips as Emma spoke. "David. I think you need to start worrying about yourself a little bit more here. Your wife is missing. You are in love with another woman."

"There's also this phone call," Angie told David as she opened the file and placed it on the table in front of him. She tapped the highlighted portion. "This call was made the night Katheryn was last heard from. About eight minutes in length."

David sighed. "I know, I know. I just... I can't explain why it says that. I didn't do anything to my wife."

Angie looked to Emma, who was extremely good at spotting liars. Emma took a deep breath. "I'm pretty good at spotting a liar. And, honestly, liars have better material. Now, go home."

"I can go?'

"We don't know if there even was a crime yet," Angie told him as she gathered up the mugs. "Go home and get some rest."