CHAPTER 9 - Journey

The next morning, as promised, one of the ECoE cars arrived at her house to pick up Amy. The driver had picked up Cherry first so Cherry stepped out and rang the doorbell of Amy's apartment. Amy let her in.

"Girl, have you watched the news today?" was the first thing Cherry said the second she stepped in.

"You watch the news?" Amy repeated.

"No I don't but I watched today's news," Cherry insisted turning on the TV.

There was a talk show streaming.

"It turns out that the Behrouz family line are very much alive," a well-known male TV presenter, Patrick Adams said to another well-known TV presenter, Raheel Anderson. "And they have more foothold in Shimmersea than the Knights could ever have."

"They haven't exactly been hiding," Raheel smiled back. "They were under our noses, just under a different name, for their own safety."

"Oh they're safe alright," Patrick informed, "with an army of an astonishing men-count of roughly 10,000 men."

"Well that was one thing we did not see coming," Raheel fanned herself. "Until matters are resolved, all flights to and from Shimmersea will be suspended. Roads that border Shimmersea and mainland Eukatia will be heavily patrolled. Travelling to and from Shimmersea is not advised."

Amy looked at Cherry, worried.

"I didn't know," Amy began. "Ethan never mentioned that there was anything to worry about. One second ..."

Hey Ethan, flights are suspended. How will we get to Sandonnia?

By car.

Amy showed Cherry his reply.

"Shimmersea - Sandonnia - is 8 hours away from Riverbank ... But then, if there are no planes ... doesn't he have a private jet? Ask him."

What about the private jet?

Sorry, darling, the airspace at the border is blocked. Everything okay?

Yes everything is fine.

Has your driver arrived yet?

Yes we are about to go shopping.

Can't wait to see what you come back with ;)

Amy blushed at his response and realised that Cherry was reading their conversation. Amy looked at Cherry.

"Cherry!" Amy exclaimed.

"Sorry but you guys are so cute," she grinned. "I can't help it! Your first ever boyfriend is literally a Prince Charming. He has a brother, right?"

"We need to get you your rebound," Amy decided. "And don't go for the brother. I'm sure he has other good qualities but from what I gather, he's an even bigger player than Ethan used to be."

"My luck in guys is terrible," Cherry groaned.

"However let me play matchmaker and tell you about Ethan's best friend," Amy grinned. "I think he'll be a good catch for you."

**************************

Amy spent the whole day shopping and eating with Cherry after much convincing from Ethan via text. Ethan had told the driver that anything that she or Cherry bought or ate was on him. They were to meet Ethan, Tyler and Marcus at 8pm outside Amy's flat building to set off for Sandonnia. The roads tended to be emptier at night which would make reaching Sandonnia Castle quicker.

At ten to 8pm, Amy and Cherry reached outside their flat building. Ethan, Tyler and Marcus were loading the bags in the car trunks. Nico stood outside too watching them, a tense expression on his face.