23. The War Begins

The day had just merely begun when the door bell of her house rang. Sonakshi gava confused glare towards the door and walked towards it after keeping her work aside. She was confused as anyone rarely visited them and in the morning hours that seemed almost never but nevertheless keeping her thoughts apart she opened the door only to look at her friend over there.

"Dev", She called out for him not really knowing what he was there for. Dev sighed at the confusion.

"Vani se baat karni thi can I take her for a walk" he quietly asked her and Sonakshi instantly looked back at the clock hanging on the wall. It showed six in the morning, too early for such talks. The protective instincts in her kicked in but she knew this would be of importance or else he won't come even after knowing how protective she is.

"Main use bhej deti hoon." She gave into her demand before shouting out her name for a few times before she finally replied positively. By then Dev already walked in feeling the nervousness hitting him hard.

"Sab theek hai Dev." Sonakshi couldn't help but ask him as she filled the glass of water.

"It's not fine Sona nothing seems to be fine, everything looks like a mess." he meekly replied to her taking the glass of water from her hand. Sonakshi sat down in front of him waiting patiently for him to speak.

"I know what happened should not have happened at all but you know right we would always be there" She softly said and he could feel a little calmness. She always knew what to say to make him relaxed. Growing up no matter what the situation was they were always on one team and thus had the best understanding about each other. Not that the other two didn't have but Dev always shared a different bond with her.

"I know but I will manage with that sister of yours today alright" Dev said trying his best to enact normal but for the first time he couldn't and he didn't know what to do about that.

"Ha Sona" Shivani called out for her sister walking into the room when her eyes fell on Devansh and the pout on her face was exchanged by a glance of concern. Sonakshi looked at him back silently telling him to go.

"If you don't mind bahar chale" Dev asked Shivani the moment he got her nod and Shivani looked at her sister asking for her permission and nodded back at him when she got a reply. Dev walked out of the house almost immediately followed by Shivani.

Soon they found themselves walking through the road where no one was there.

"So..." Shivani asked him giving him a self explanatory question. She knew what it was about but she wanted to hear it from him.

"You do the news don't you" Dev asked not moving his focus from the rocky road.

"I did par ise pehle ki kuch zyada samajh pati the news was put down" She responded to him and Dev sighed grasping her words alongside contemplating his next words.

"I have decided what to be done" he looked at her and Shivani passed him an encouraging look urging him to go ahead.

"I am taking up the case" Shivani looked at him for a few seconds trying to read him. The strange determination in his voice made her concerned, she could feel that he had something in his hands which he was not telling.

But what...